Race Results / Forum Ettiquette !

dseered

New member
It don't really bother me, however as on other forums it may be best to put 'SPOILER' in any thread that contains race results, also to refrain from discussing results in other posts without prior warning.

This then gives the viewer the option of reading the thread, perhaps they have not seen the race ??

I have not watched BSB yet but I already know Haslam had an off, I would rather have not known until I watched.

This thread is not aimed at anyone, more like everyone :D
 
So how long after the event are we allowed to discuss a result? 2 days? 1 week? a month? a year!!!!!!!!!!???

Oh by the way.......Vanilla won the first and the Kiki Dee won the 2nd!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)
 
As this forum has not yet seen a race season and some folk MAY be new to bike forums I thought it wise to bring it up !

;)
 
I could create a "racing" forum, it would then be possible to set options in user CP to exclude this forum from new posts and todays posts so if you didn't want to see the race threads you wouldn't if you know you've got a race Sky +'ed or taped set the option before the weekend starts. I'd think 3 days is enough ( MCN wednesday) before it would be assumed most of us had seen the race or knew what happened
 
I agree with both of you - seeing the results before seeing the race should not be possible, and there should be a defined period before it's public on here. 24 hours should be enough, surely?
 
its hard and unrealistic to stop people chatting about racing and really i feel its up to the person who's trying to avoid finding out to do their best to avoid it. If its in seperate forum which can be excluded then its easy to preset your option. Its also hard in general chat to know that someone else doesn't want info and i don't want to stop discussion on what is an important part of Ducati life
 
Agree wholeheartedly with this!

A well known gold plated fanny was thick enough to tell me the MotoGP qualifying results as I was watching it over the weekend :mad:

As Ian suggested, simply putting SPOILER in the subject line should suffice - it works elsewhere, and see no reason for it to be different here.
 
Sort of spoilt the Motogp for me yesterday as I was reading another thread that had nothing to do with racing (I had kept away from all racing threads here and on DSC as it was not possible for me to watch the race till evening) and in the post whilst not actually mentioning the winning rider it was made obvious which team had won. And because of events early in the race I knew who won not long after the race started which though not the end of the world spoiled something I had looked forward to all day. :(
 
gold plated fanny

Scottch said:
Agree wholeheartedly with this!

A well known gold plated fanny was thick enough to tell me the MotoGP qualifying results as I was watching it over the weekend :mad:

As Ian suggested, simply putting SPOILER in the subject line should suffice - it works elsewhere, and see no reason for it to be different here.
who was the gold plated fanny scott name names man :comp2:
 
To make matters worse, the diddy in question knew I was watching it!

Am sure you can work out who the Dim Arse Vagrant In Edinburgh is ;)

But I won't name names!

All is forgiven though, I fully intend to enjoy his company this weekend - if I'm really lucky he might even buy a round :eek:

Cheers!
 
Actually ...

May a mere girlie disagree? Only cos we had a 'major power line disruption' in our area, no tv for 3 hours from 12 on sun and I thought it was so nice that someone let me know the result. So there. But don't do it again!!
 
d.a.v.i.e

Scottch said:
To make matters worse, the diddy in question knew I was watching it!

Am sure you can work out who the Dim Arse Vagrant In Edinburgh is ;)

But I won't name names!

All is forgiven though, I fully intend to enjoy his company this weekend - if I'm really lucky he might even buy a round :eek:

Cheers!
could that maybe stand for davie im not to sure im a bit slow today he probably only told you to save you having to watch it all :comp2:
 
Back
Top Bottom