iconic944ss
Elite Member
Still watching a paid live stream for the cars on www.Matchsports.com that was (is) a bit hit and miss for the bikes but very early in the day local time...
Sadly, Ducati DIDNT get the overall Heavyweight new class record they were after but...
Ducati DID win that class on the day with a 9min 59.102sec by Carlin Dunne on a 2018 1260 Pikes Peak Ducati - (some 10 seconds slower than the class record)
Not only were there two electric bikes racing, one was from the University of Nottingham, building on their TT experience. Sadly, neither were shown and I didnt see finish times.
However, Scotsman Joseph Toner, now a Stateside resident, won his class but I had never heard his heartfelt story before:
https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/americas-mountain/
*I forgot to mention that a Lady Rider was the Fastest Newcomer (Rookie) on a BMW 1000RR
An Ultra expensive VW I.D. R all-electric car is competing in its class but is so advanced that it might just take the all time record from Sébastien Loeb set way back in 2013.
UPDATE: Which has just SMASHED that Record by nearly 16 seconds which is an astounding achievement.
Sadly, Ducati DIDNT get the overall Heavyweight new class record they were after but...
Ducati DID win that class on the day with a 9min 59.102sec by Carlin Dunne on a 2018 1260 Pikes Peak Ducati - (some 10 seconds slower than the class record)
Not only were there two electric bikes racing, one was from the University of Nottingham, building on their TT experience. Sadly, neither were shown and I didnt see finish times.
However, Scotsman Joseph Toner, now a Stateside resident, won his class but I had never heard his heartfelt story before:
https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/americas-mountain/
*I forgot to mention that a Lady Rider was the Fastest Newcomer (Rookie) on a BMW 1000RR
An Ultra expensive VW I.D. R all-electric car is competing in its class but is so advanced that it might just take the all time record from Sébastien Loeb set way back in 2013.
UPDATE: Which has just SMASHED that Record by nearly 16 seconds which is an astounding achievement.
Last edited: