New DSC forum?

its a server problem not linked to whether you are member or non member. The one good thing about swapping to vb is that they can get support from vb so should be able to work out how to configure the server correctly, the old xmb never really offered that. They've resolved some issues on viewing sections before it went down again today.

also with vb they could configure it to stop guests accessing the forums if the problem is linked to the number of connections, that would allow members to use it.


You need to be a member to do sigs, i don't know about avatars.
 
I thought it stood for Ducati South Club?

However getting on is still no better than before...........:jerkoff:
 
I let me DSC membership lapse as I had become cheesed off with the website always going down. Well new website has appeared so I sent my cheque off for membership last week and lo and behold I can never seem to be able to get the site to come up now. Everytime I get on there I eventually get one of the many error message or server is busy etc. Wish I hadnt bothered sending my cheque now. Posted a technical question the other night there and was pleased to not that Shazaam was online so was hoping for a detailed answer as he normally provides, then of course everything went down again and I could not get back on til the following day by which time Shazaam had gone and I got no replies. Also I u2ud someone about buying some bits and then could not get a reply in time as the site then went down.

I know the webteam have been putting the hours in and should be commended but its worse than it ever was. I am quite happy to pay the yearly subscription just to use the website as thats all I am a member there for. The whole thing has dragged on far too long.

Thank god for DuN.
 
its a server problem Martin and its taking time to solve it, they had a lot of years on the old system and the new one seems to use more memory. I know from chats I've had with the webteam they are working hard on it and you can see from the extra features that its going to be worthwhile once they resolve the server issues. I renewed my membership as i think the tech side of the site is worth supporting, I'd gladly miss an issue of Pronto or two if the money could be applied to the server.
 
I know about the server problem even though i'm not au fait with such things. However the whole thing just seems to drag on and on!

I was jumping in the air clicking my heels together when the new site appeared. And I know the chaps have been spending a lot of time trying to sort things and hats off to them. I'm trying not to whinge about it and have kept quiet about the whole thing going back months. Just found it incredibly frustrating recently for the reasons I mentioned. Also have been doing a lot of searches going back ages in the archives for technical info. I got so far and the whole thing stops and I have to come back later and start over again and end up reading the same posts again and then it all goes to cock before I get to waht I'm looking for and the whole proccess starts again.

I know the webteam are probably sick of it all, but I wonder if it will ever get sorted at this rate. I did see a mention of mid July to get server sorted which seems a bit crap?

At the moment I would gladly pay double the membership just to have a day with access to all the info on there.
 
I know its an unpaid job doing the DSC forum and you shouldn't mock but there is more IT, Web page designers, software engineers, space ship designers ( or claim to be) on the DSC than you can shake a @@@@ty stick at!! :eek:

I just find it all a bit amusing....in a nice way of course :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 
Have to say that I am not surprised by the current problems because the webteam have no experience of this software and are learning as they go along - with support from Gizmo.
 
Back
Top Bottom