New Bike

Derek

Elite Member
Subscriber
I's better spill the beans since I guess a few of you will realise that I've been up to something, especially now that I've advertised the 4S for sale.
I've gone and bought a Multistrada 1200ABS. I know I've said bad things about them in the past and I still think it's an ugly bugger but I've given up waiting for Ducati to produce a new sports tourer ( I'll bet they announce one in the new year :rolleyes:)
The bike was registered in May 2010 and comes with a full Termi titanium exhaust as well as the original, heated grips and a Scottoiler. I think my first purchase will be a lower seat though, it's gey high for my wee legs :o
All I need now is some good weather to get out on it but I think that will mainly have to wait until the spring. :(
Here's a pic. sorry about the obligatory wheelie bin.

DSCF4601.JPG


DSCF4598.JPG
 
Derek, Lovely Lovely bike.....well done you!! Use the Paso winter and the "strada" come the spring!!:D Oh and BTW nice use of wheelie bin and I particularly like the watering cans in the background!!!
 
Happy new bike, there no THAT ugly, always kinda thought the multi was the best lookin trailie:o
and miles there is white on it, its the undercote, where it should be:lol2:
 
giz a shout if you ever need any tips on how to fix it........i'm always at hand :idea:
I'm not sure of the implications here :confused:
Lidika knows all about fixing Multis? I know nothing about fixing Multis? It's gonna need lots of fixing? :o
 
Nice one Derek. But keep the ST :)

Is that an option Derek?

It would be a shame to end such a long-running partnership.
I would if I could but just haven't got the space for 3 bikes in the garage.
Was out for a run this afternoon and I was impressed. Very different from the ST, more sat up and less tucked in but the wide bars feel great when turning at low speeds. The engine has a lot more welly. No wonder I had a job keeping up with Miles sometimes. :D There were few miles on the B9127 where I wondered if I should be in Enduro mode, there was so much muck on the road. :eek: Back home and a hose down and it's looking good again.
I didn't find the height so intimidating either. I think I'll adapt to this quite quickly. :)
 
I would if I could but just haven't got the space for 3 bikes in the garage.
Was out for a run this afternoon and I was impressed. Very different from the ST, more sat up and less tucked in but the wide bars feel great when turning at low speeds. The engine has a lot more welly. No wonder I had a job keeping up with Miles sometimes. :D There were few miles on the B9127 where I wondered if I should be in Enduro mode, there was so much muck on the road. :eek: Back home and a hose down and it's looking good again.
I didn't find the height so intimidating either. I think I'll adapt to this quite quickly. :)

Watch out... the Multistrada virus has got you now... :D

I like the wide bars, but I know a lot of people prefer less straight bars, and there are loads of options for different amounts of sweep. There might be some options for changing the rear ride height, but I've never looked into it :watchout:
 
Cracking bike Derek.
My neighbour has one (his first Ducati !) and I couldn't believe how easy it was to go fast on.

Obviously nowhere near as good as the mighty Paso but an acceptable back-up bike.
 
Watch out... the Multistrada virus has got you now... :D

I like the wide bars, but I know a lot of people prefer less straight bars, and there are loads of options for different amounts of sweep. There might be some options for changing the rear ride height, but I've never looked into it :watchout:

I've already found out there is no option for altering the ride height. Unlike most other current Ducatis it doesn't have a rising rate linkage with an adjustable tie-rod. It's just a simple monoshock.
 
Congratulations Derek!

Never saw you as a Multi man but as you say what are the choices at the moment?

Hope you get to clock up a similar mileage on this as you did with the ST. (which is a cracking bike for the money if someone was tempted to take it off your hands)
 
I was curious on any recalls for the new Multinoodle and pleasantly, surprised to find only one:

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=164B5A588B9C706D802579EB002CD55A&freeText=Blank&tx=

25/04/2012
Concern : LOSS OF REAR BRAKING EFFICIENCY

Description : There is a potential for the friction material on the rear brake pads to come away from the brake pad, due to a fault in the adhesion. There is a possibility if ignored the brake pads will deteriorate leading to a loss of rear brake efficiency.

Remedial Action : Affected brake pads will be replaced.

Vehicle Id :
ZDMM506AABB055688 to ZDMM506AACB058702
ZDMF102AACB009883 to ZDMF104JACB010427
ZDM1YAAN2CB025430 to ZDMB101AACB025701
ZDM1XBMV7CB019577 to ZDM1XBMV1CB019980
ZDMA200AECB018289 to ZDM12BLLWXCB018562
ZDMH800AACB000097 to ZDMH800ABABCB001231
ZDMM511AABB055918 to ZDMM511AACB058584
 
Nice bike Derek,... By the way they go like shit off a shovel - last Masher, in Glenco I was fallowing Scott. For a big bike they can go. Kicked his ares though lol ;)

Enjoy
David
 
Likey, likey the bike! You know what it needs? A carbon fibre air scoop. But, even so still a decent looking bike and I'm sure you'll get some good miles on it:D
 
Back
Top Bottom