Need a week away

Swiss T

Well-known member
Subscriber
Anyone have any recommendations for an area to stay in for a week in September. Southern Scotchland, Northumberland, Lakes sort of area.

Will hopefully find an air b n b or similar.

Village with a couple of pubs, near a lake or the coast.

Just to relax & do a few walks.

Ta.
 
I can recommend this place. Crummock

This is just one of numerous different types of accommodation in the same converted building. I've stayed there quite a few times and its a 5 minute walk down to the lake, Esthwaite Water and a couple of minutes walk to the pub if that's your thing.

You can walk for miles if you go out the back of the village. Hawkshead is nice just down the road with pubs and food places.
I always go to Coniston and walk the Old Man of Coniston while I'm there.
 
Anyone have any recommendations for an area to stay in for a week in September. Southern Scotchland, Northumberland, Lakes sort of area.

Will hopefully find an air b n b or similar.

Village with a couple of pubs, near a lake or the coast.

Just to relax & do a few walks.

Ta.
There's a nice little campsite in the village where I live attached to the pub, which is also a youth hostel. Very cheap. They get a lot of bikers. Two pubs in the village and it's within the North Pennines AONB so once out of the village you're straight onto fantastic moorland roads. The Derwent reservoir is a mile down the road. Consett is only six miles away so handy for fuel and food shopping.
There are a couple of holiday let cottages in the village but you'll be lucky to get a booking at short notice.

 
I can recommend this place. Crummock

This is just one of numerous different types of accommodation in the same converted building. I've stayed there quite a few times and its a 5 minute walk down to the lake, Esthwaite Water and a couple of minutes walk to the pub if that's your thing.

You can walk for miles if you go out the back of the village. Hawkshead is nice just down the road with pubs and food places.
I always go to Coniston and walk the Old Man of Coniston while I'm there.
Thank you. I will look at that.
 
There's a nice little campsite in the village where I live attached to the pub, which is also a youth hostel. Very cheap. They get a lot of bikers. Two pubs in the village and it's within the North Pennines AONB so once out of the village you're straight onto fantastic moorland roads. The Derwent reservoir is a mile down the road. Consett is only six miles away so handy for fuel and food shopping.
There are a couple of holiday let cottages in the village but you'll be lucky to get a booking at short notice.

Thank you. No bikes on this trip unfortunately; just boots & an empty glass hopefully.
 
Greystoke, Cumbria - only the one pub though I think but it was v.nice.....


If Northumberland / Southern Scotchland then here (we ate there on Saturday on our journey back form Oban as we did on our last trip too).

 
Greystoke, Cumbria - only the one pub though I think but it was v.nice.....


If Northumberland / Southern Scotchland then here (we ate there on Saturday on our journey back form Oban as we did on our last trip too).

Thank you Exi 👌
 
Back
Top Bottom