Cermakrome ceramic coating. Not quite a mirror finish, more like highly polished aluminium although it doesn't show up to well on a photo. But they will stay like that and not turn brown and rusty within a few weeks
If it's not hard to keep your pipes shiny anymore, they'll fall out of fashion and the broon pipes will become EVEN MORE fashionable (if that's possible).
having spent hours, and hours (and hours) polishing the (soon to be fitted) exhaust box and link pipe for my 749 over the easter holiday, I figured I would spend a few more polishing up the other pipe visible section still on the bike so they match.
The run out on sunday to the borders I came to an epiphany.
#1- when out on a fantastic 300+ mile run with other ducatisti you forget what colour your pipes are
#2- on returning from a 300+ mile run you wouldnt have even thought I had even attempted any polishing...
so respect to you guys (molenz, andrew, graeme, derek etc) but you have far too much time on your hands.....
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.