Multi 1200 (2010-15) Vs DVT

Rebel

Well-known member
(Copy+pasted from the same post another Ducati site I post 5 mins ago)

I don't know how to start this post, am sure the debate has already been answered even when looking via search box engines on many forum I can never seem to find what am looking for...

That out of the way... I think am at the end of sport bikes even though I really, really like to keep mine (the custom colour, the memories, the trips) though selling it will go towards a newer bike...

Now I test ridden a DVT last year (and a Hyperstrada this year), I couldn't believe how nimble n agile it was for a 1200, the downside it was a demo not run in yet (dealer said no blasting the engine). I prefer the looks of the old Multi compared to the DVT version but like anything new it take me ages to grow a liking...

I know nothing is bullet proof, everything has a breaking point I know over years of owning my 749 the exspense x3 the price I paid for it probably...

1) Between 2010 -15 the usual problems...

2) The For and Against Stock vs S models (S will sell most quicker , R even more if Ducati ever did one)

3) The For & Against 2010-15 vs the DVT.

I will mostly 1up occasionally with luggage, cant think what id use panniers for when I had a Roll bag on a ventura rack on my 749...

Most ppl put on a 2-1 aftermarket exhaust, has anyone seen a seprate exhaust system, one coming from the front of the engine and then one coming from the back going into its own silencer...+/-

I like the look of DVT enduro Termi exhaust would this fit the stock/S DVT I seen how this could be done its just will it just slip on the other side..
 
Now ive looked and test ridden a 1290 Superduke GT on Saturday probably less maintence than a 1200 Multi, It about on par on the looks department with the DVT but the older model (2010-15) is much good looking of them all...

The 749 feels horrible riding it after ridden a Hyper, Multi or the SuperD GT, just makes me want to get rid... and soon as possible i will be selling it
 
2015-bmw-s-1000-xr-white-2.jpg
 
You should be banned from here for that comment Brian. :p

I know where my heart lies but sadly ALL new bikes are far too gadgety for my liking. I must be getting auld er.
I couldn't/wouldn't buy even the new KTM models.

I was all set for buying a Diavel this year and just couldn't do it. I hate the ABS braking on my 990 and am currently at the stage of removing it entirely.
Now a Ducati S2r 1000cc in black or a Sport Classic 1000s in Red.........
Just need to get my garage extended and get the 900ss restored and see how I like it.
 
Am two minds, get another (probably highly maintence) ducati or look for something different and there nothing stopping me returning back ducati in the future...

Am sure if you look on other ducati forums i asked the same kinda question there, the pros n cons of the OP... but nothing really convince me...

It just alot of cash to put on one bike, i could tomorrow go buy something with cash but then i loose what money ive saved for the % minimal amount for a mortgage which i dont own home yet...
 
Am two minds, get another (probably highly maintence) ducati or look for something different and there nothing stopping me returning back ducati in the future...

Am sure if you look on other ducati forums i asked the same kinda question there, the pros n cons of the OP... but nothing really convince me...

It just alot of cash to put on one bike, i could tomorrow go buy something with cash but then i loose what money ive saved for the % minimal amount for a mortgage which i dont own home yet...

Get the bike mate, look how quickly Watty left us !! :(:(
 
What about this beauty https://goo.gl/images/mFelGE
ABS,full luggage,better wind and weather protection also doubles up as a sports bike for a fraction of the cost.
I have had them for years,easy to work on very reliable and been touring Europe for 4 years not one problem.
 
You can get a good used with full service history for about £3000,its a lot of bike for the money.
 
Back
Top Bottom