Moto Guzzi Le Mans Mk.1 PR...

Vacant Possession

Elite Member
Subscriber
Hello everyone,

My best man has put his lovely Mk.1 PR up for sale on eBay. I only wish I was able to afford it. I have known Ricky since I was 14 and he has owned Guzzi's since he was about 19, hist first being a brand new blue Mk.2.

I can vouch for the provenance of this bike as I have ridden it and I promise you it would be in my garage if I had my way. You can tell he loves it by the ridiculous detail he has entered into in the ad.

Amusingly he has missed a trick as it is a doddle & quite cheap to have original fork stanchions re-finished. Still, no one's perfect :).

Always fancied one of these. By the amount of interest he's now got on fleabay he should get what he's expecting out of it. Wish I could afford it but no chance at the moment.

Good luck to him!

Just seen a fairly tatty MK1 Le mans sold at Bonhams auction for £8,200.
Mind you there was also an early 60s Mini Cooper S with holes through the wings which sold for £39k. Madness!

Yes, that's the one. It was pretty original except for the funny sticking out headlamp, but maybe that was the USA spec where I think they had to have sealed beam headlamps?

I went to the auction as my mate was selling the star exhibit of the motorcycle section. £46k, but luckily it was secured by Bovington Tank Museum so it will be available for everyone to see. Nearly 100 years old and she still runs perfectly.

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/22685/lot/317/

Back