Mobile Phone Thread

AnonymousUser1

Elite Member
I am jacked off with my phone - a Google Pixel 6 - and I want to replace it with something that has a bigger screen. I think there was an iPhone 12 that I saw on the train that looked good, but when I look up the specifications of the standard phone, they are not that different to my piece of sh . . . .

Any recommendations of something with around a seven inch screen?
 
I am jacked off with my phone - a Google Pixel 6 - and I want to replace it with something that has a bigger screen. I think there was an iPhone 12 that I saw on the train that looked good, but when I look up the specifications of the standard phone, they are not that different to my piece of sh . . . .

Any recommendations of something with around a seven inch screen?
giphy-1.gif
 
They all pretty much do the same these days so it really does come down to personal likes. Look for words like max or ultra if you want for the bigger screens and then it comes down to your budget.

Try and look for the popular makes, apple or samsung as it will make selling it , 5 minutes after you've bought it, easier :D
 
They all pretty much do the same these days so it really does come down to personal likes. Look for words like max or ultra if you want for the bigger screens and then it comes down to your budget.

Try and look for the popular makes, apple or samsung as it will make selling it , 5 minutes after you've bought it, easier :D
Apple will guarantee the biggest loss selling after 5 mins 👍 you should go with apple 😀
 
They all pretty much do the same these days so it really does come down to personal likes. Look for words like max or ultra if you want for the bigger screens and then it comes down to your budget.

Try and look for the popular makes, apple or samsung as it will make selling it , 5 minutes after you've bought it, easier :D
A person who speaks English would assume so.

However, a person who speaks "Mobile" does not. Ultra and Max often means a smaller, or the same size screen, as my normal phone. It is al about the cameras. To use an actual camera to take a picture is so last century. You need to spend a thousand on a phone with three cameras in order to make a phone call. Taking selfies is the only important feature.

Manufacturers are not stupid. They know that adding the words "Max" or "Ultra" adds about $500 on to the price - for a third camera that costs them £10.

I nearly given up.
 
I've ordered a Google Pixel 7 Pro. It has a bigger screen than my Google Pixel 6, but I need to learn nothing. All my apps should just go on Lazy? Yes. Simple? Yes.

But are the camera better, you know... for all your selfies
 
Set up the Google 7 Pro that I got from Back Market.

I am using the same Google email as on my Pixel 6, so everything just came across. BUT . . . . .

there is always the compulsory weird shit to kick you in the bollox!

First, no keyboard was ever visible. Why would anyone ever want this?

After getting a keyboard, some apps remember everything and some nothing - not even who you are. So lots of remembering passwords.

The screen is bigger, but not much bigger. I guess that is OK as it will still fit in the same pockets. Next job is to take it to Bath Lansdown Park & Ride to see if there is a signa there. It works better at home, as I can call from indoors without WIFI. The EE sim cannot do that.

If it works at the Landown P & R, I need to get a PAC code from EE and switch.
1702319460123.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom