Merlin, sorry short notice

Martyn748

New member
This is possibly a bit far but I booked last week, 5-7 May Merlin Rally, it is in South Wales, near Newport, there are a few of us going the long way round the coast to get there on the Friday, it is £26.00 which includes dinner Saturday night with a band afterwards, places limited to 100 and there are around 15 left, this is for the meal, Bookings merlin@docgb.org, or on the DOC website, or just ask me. Always a very good turnout, it is run in affiliation with DOC by a couple of members down there, who between them have an amazing collection of bikes.
 
Merlin - a wizard weekend!

Good to see your going to the Merlin Rally Martyn, I have been to three of them and the get better each year! Also going are the Hesketh owners club and they have been invited by Tony to join in! I think they have a fairly small membership and most of them go the rally! Most arrive Saturday night and there is a choice of rooms in the Manor (I have one, 2 beds and just me so far!) or camping in the grounds which I think is included. There is a ride out (of course) Saturday morning stopping at the Ducati dealer in Haverfordwest and then on to a lovely pub by the sea for lunch at Porthgain and then pootle back gentle to Newport. The plot might have changed this year but everyone seems happy to do the same run and go to this great pub each year! Then evening meal Band, Disco, Raffle, Speeches and PRIZES! etc. It is a great weekend expertly run by the Welsh mafia............only jokin'!:beer: :cheers: :booze: :lol:
 
when are you going down ?? Me and Paul E are off Friday at some point, along with Jono, Paul is coming from Huddersfield, we may then meet up with Steve and Anne in Cheshire, they know the way. Is there room in your room for one more if we get any takers.

Looking forward to it.
 
I have taken the day off so I can set off early, I have given Gaz first refusal on the other bed (unless I find female company to share with!) but it's more than likely it will be available. The run down Friday if the weather is good is excellent as the roads are quite and the fuzz are doing what they should be doing............catching murderers, bank robbers, drug dealers and rapists! On the sunday afternoon they are doing something much more financially rewarding............stopping bikes with the men from the ministry and trying to identify if your carbon pipes are legal! ask Stu Robinson!!!:eek:
 
Hi to all going to the Merlin,

I'll be leaving from work (Runcorn) between 1pm and 2pm, so if anyone's timings fit in with that we can meet up (if the weather's good I might go on the 200GT which will make me a bit slow, but I'm more likely to be on the Darmah SS).

The ride down there is great, once past Welshpool and Newtown the road across to Aberystwyth then down the coast is mostly pretty good fun.

Cheers,

Roger
 
there are a good choice of roads to go on, we don't have to go the most direct route, that coast road is good only spoiled by loads of villages and 30mph zones!
 
The servers not working?!! well blow me I just thought it was my ole computer playin' up!!! It never happens on here!:comp2:
 
Iv'e just realised what's happening...........there are so many peple trying to access the DOC site it has crashed!!!:dizzy:
 
Martyn748 said:
We will meet up somewhere along the way, thats what mobiles where invented for.
Why do we call them mobiles when they don't have wheels as in "mobile home" and If money dosn't grow on trees why do banks have branches?:)
 
If you're thinking of going then contact Tony first - I don't know how many places are left but it was a sell out last year and on previous years. Numbers are limited to about 100 I think, due to the seating capacity for the meal on Saturday night.
(I should think that more people can come to the rally if they're not coming to the meal).

Info from the DOC web site:
Contact : TONY JAMES, Rhosawel, Penygroes, Crymych, Pembs. SA41 3SE.
Mobile 07702434993 or
email: merlinrally@docgb.org

Cheers,

Roger
 
Cheers for the adress at least I know where I am going, I plan to get to Chester ish then just South and coast, I can't get too lost, can I
 
I am going! got the ticket, booked the room, I'm on my way! I spoke to Tony a couple of weeks ago and he had 15 tickets left. There are several routes to choose on the way down so we can have a look at the map and decide on Friday!:beer:
 
Sounds good to me, 748 if it is really nice, Monster if its a bit iffy,and car if it is terrible all week end !!!
 
the weather is going to be good on the way down, the possibilty of a little rain on the way back, the weekend itself is going to be blistering!:fire:
 
I spoke to Tony a few days ago and there are still tickets left and there is a good chance there will be a spare bed in my room as well. The forecast for Friday is good and the weekend is going to warm and sunny! :D :beer:
 
Yep it's going to hot on Friday and the weather is always good down in Newport, so get on the phone to Tony and get yer place booked! You will loveit!:beer: :thumbs:
 
Back
Top Bottom