Members and stuff

Scottch

Ninja Poopy Psycho
I notice that we've now got 81 messageboard members - seems only yesterday that Michael unveiled this project to us!

Looking at who's on just now, there are 14 registered users but 10 guests who're having a wee look around to see what we're all about.

:eek: It's gonna get a bit busy in here then eh!
 
Scottch said:
I notice that we've now got 81 messageboard members - seems only yesterday that Michael unveiled this project to us!

Looking at who's on just now, there are 14 registered users but 10 guests who're having a wee look around to see what we're all about.

:eek: It's gonna get a bit busy in here then eh!

yup its growing fast, its amazed me how fast but thats down to you lot in keeping it active and organizing events!!, I just checked on the DOC site and they've only got 136 members using the forums but most of them are also names I recognize from other sites, make me wonder how many ( or few) of us there really are to be split between so many clubs:confused: . One thing I have noticed is that we get a lot of new members visit and read, is there anything needs doing to make it easier to get everyone involved?? I'm wary that we don't make it cliquey or off putting to anyone. PM me if you have got ideas, I'll do my best to implement them.

Might get around to our first email mailshot later this week as well.
 
Might be worth trying to get any guests to sign a 'guestbook' with an option of leaving an e-mail address for updates.

Is it possible to do this so it 'invites' anyone who is not logged in to the guestbook ?
 
skype

Giz put the skype link up mate !

I just started using it and i'm gonna put a skype ME link on the Nurburgring website! just for enquires ! It's cool

ps as anyone els got skype on here?:confused:
 
I have Mav, can't remeber the login stuff, or for that matter the name I used, will have to give my mate a call and ask him if he has it in his address book !
 
Dog is sleeping, thank god, oh well thats expenses out of the way, this is the year that I get my Admin done on time !
 
Mikey,

I have to say, I really like Ian's idea of a guest book - my only concern would be it's potential for attracting "vandalism" if you know what I mean.
 
I think it would be fine if everyone could view it Ian - as long as any undesirable posts could be managed promptly to minimise our exposure to disrepute.

I'm sure you know what kind of impression you get of a website when you read the guest book and it's full of "@@@@ you" and "@@@@ them" etc. as opposed to "great website" or "tidy place" etc.

More so, when marketing opportunities are being sought.

Like I said, I love the guest book idea but it would need to be managed effectively.

What if messages to the guestbook had to be approved by a moderator? - I think that would remove my concern.
 
All it really needs is an email address on the first page so anyone who want to comment can send an email ? there's the box that explains you have to register, maybe just add an email link to that. posting without registering is a problem for forum software as its open to automatic posts for junk. I can watch the spiders wandering around the site now trying to register or post.
 
It has to be said though, alot of people do sculk around forums before registering, I do it myself to get the 'feel' of the place, looking at the amount of peeps coming on board I don't think it is a huge issue !
 
You have to give an email addy to register anyway, so I guess that makes no odds anyways.

I'm waiting for the mounties to join now
 
Freak said:
You have to give an email addy to register anyway, so I guess that makes no odds anyways.

I'm waiting for the mounties to join now

ottawa0026.JPG

Yeah baby, his name was Scottch !
 
No way is it only 2 weeks mate!!

Gaggia here we come ;)

Hmm, that sounds like it should be on the spit roast thread :confused:
 
Back
Top Bottom