Meeting Jointly

Lily

Pink Totty
We had our monthly meet last night and returned to the Church House in Congleton.

Sadly, the numbers for the DSC North West are low but we still had a good evening of banter.

Following my chat with Martin in Duc Mcr yesterday and a bit of a discussion last night we have suggested that we might go and pay a visit to 'the other side' as it were and attend the meet at Westhoughton at the end of the month.

I am sure some of us could still be persuaded to attend the Church House again at the start of next month if we have people that want to come along, but it might be nice to join rank, skip all the political stuff and just ride ducatis
 
A very good idea indeed, though congleton isn't really NW.

May I suggest - Wigan - the home of pies, Rugby league, coal mining, George Orwell, Kajagoogoo, Kim Marsh and The Verve.
 
Congleton has been the home of the NW DSC for many years now however a changing group means that apart from SteveM and us, most of the regular attendees are further north anyway.

We don't want to lose the goodwill we have with the Church house and don't want to stop the meets, it was just an idea to maybe join up a bit more and get some of the folks like MrC etc that are further north to come along.
 
As far as I am concerned it does'nt matter which club we belong to I just enjoyed going to the meetings to bend the ears of anyone that was polite enough to listen :eek:
 
Paul748 said:
A very good idea indeed, though congleton isn't really NW.

May I suggest - Wigan - the home of pies, Rugby league, coal mining, George Orwell, Kajagoogoo, Kim Marsh and The Verve.


I'm only coming to Wigan if you can guarantee all of the above will be attending ;)
 
Paul748 said:
A very good idea indeed, though congleton isn't really NW.

May I suggest - Wigan - the home of pies, Rugby league, coal mining, George Orwell, Kajagoogoo, Kim Marsh and The Verve.
You Forgot Uncle Joes Mint Balls!..
 
Just a thought about an even more "joint" meeting. Checked the map and done some thinking. We ride from West/North Yorks here to Whoop Hall for our meetings. We do about 120 miles the round trip. If you look North from Congleton-ish about 50 miles or so you get Burnley/Colne/Nelson-ish. In that area could we get a meet for all of us. It would still just about leave Michael within striking distance. Thoughts? It would be good to meet more people.
 
I've never really known why the NW DSC is so called, it's the North Midlands if anything - but then again it doesn't really matter.

But various regions, various clubs having there own meeting places with the others coming along to join in sounds good to me.

As for the NW DSC getting back to the Church House it will give us the chance to get the Mega Meets (really must change that name) going again and maybe do something with them along the lines of Raid the Lakes - Raid the Peaks?

We all have a common interest in Ducatis and that'll do me :)
 
rockjock620 said:
Just a thought about an even more "joint" meeting. Checked the map and done some thinking. We ride from West/North Yorks here to Whoop Hall for our meetings. We do about 120 miles the round trip. If you look North from Congleton-ish about 50 miles or so you get Burnley/Colne/Nelson-ish. In that area could we get a meet for all of us. It would still just about leave Michael within striking distance. Thoughts? It would be good to meet more people.

We could just go to Martin's house Pete complete with bouncy castle and live band :D
 
rockjock620 said:
Just a thought about an even more "joint" meeting. Checked the map and done some thinking. We ride from West/North Yorks here to Whoop Hall for our meetings. We do about 120 miles the round trip. If you look North from Congleton-ish about 50 miles or so you get Burnley/Colne/Nelson-ish. In that area could we get a meet for all of us. It would still just about leave Michael within striking distance. Thoughts? It would be good to meet more people.


Nelson sounds good to me! :D A few good country pubs a stones throw from me. Some nice place over toward the Ribble valley and going the other direction up over the back roads to Hebden Bridge etc. Skiptons only 20 minutes or so away. Could poss sort a nice meeting place out at Sabden (Mexican) which is handy for the A59 A65 and even M6 is not too far.
 
MMMMMM the reason the meet is the last Wednesday of the month is there is a Cheshire branch of DOC meets at the Bickerton Poacher, (nearly in bleedin Wales, not that there is anything wrong with Wales by the way), I used to attend this but three years ago set up the Westhoughton branch, they meet second Wednesday, I did ours to be half way in between. BUT.... I was in a pub last night in my home town of Darwen when I was shown to the function room, hold about 35 people, travel in approx 3 miles away, it got me thinkimg and planning, the room is free, hot pot supper under three quid, it is free Saturday 4th November, nearly in my house, oh and they have Karaoke on also ...........What do you think ????? Meets etc no problem, lets get them together or enough apart to have one per week in the area, no double books, mega meets great idea, the early one usually clashes with Welsh rally which normally has 100 attendees, change the date and you will have more Ducati riders, it is up to us, the planners and dooers to get them, the attendees to come along. One lot of effort.
 
Have to say I agree with Martyn here, you need 1 north west regular meet attended by DOC, DSC whoever wants to come along, be it in Westhoughton or Nelson. i'd think Westhoughton would be easier for the Manchester/North Cheshire owners just cos its 2 minutes off the M61 :D
 
that was kinda the discussion last night that we should head to the westhoughton meet then see how things go.
 
it might be worth having a word with TigerLily from UKMOC to see if they want to use the same time/venue for UKMOC regular meet?
 
she was with us in Duc Mcr so maybe Martyn could have a chat and see if we can combine it so we get a good turnout :)
 
Martyn748 said:
MMMMMM the reason the meet is the last Wednesday of the month is there is a Cheshire branch of DOC meets at the Bickerton Poacher, (nearly in bleedin Wales, not that there is anything wrong with Wales by the way), I used to attend this but three years ago set up the Westhoughton branch, they meet second Wednesday, I did ours to be half way in between. BUT.... I was in a pub last night in my home town of Darwen when I was shown to the function room, hold about 35 people, travel in approx 3 miles away, it got me thinkimg and planning, the room is free, hot pot supper under three quid, it is free Saturday 4th November, nearly in my house, oh and they have Karaoke on also ...........What do you think ????? Meets etc no problem, lets get them together or enough apart to have one per week in the area, no double books, mega meets great idea, the early one usually clashes with Welsh rally which normally has 100 attendees, change the date and you will have more Ducati riders, it is up to us, the planners and dooers to get them, the attendees to come along. One lot of effort.
sounds great apart from the Karaoke!
 
Naw i love the sound of the karioke THERE'S A LADY WHO KNOWS ALL THAT GLITTERS GETS YOU LOCKED UP IN THAILAND......

The Chruch House seems to consist of the same half dozen hardcore so i'd be up for doing the rounds, so to speak.

I'm not bothered about the politics either and don't mind putting a wolly pully on with leather elbow patches, growing a grey beard and smoking a pipe for a night:D :D

:o :o :thumbs:
 
BDG said:
I'm not bothered about the politics either and don't mind putting a wolly pully on with leather elbow patches, growing a grey beard and smoking a pipe for a night:D :D

:o :o :thumbs:

I'd pay money to see that, I'd pay even more money to see you grow some hair on that bonce of yours :D
 
BDG said:
Naw i love the sound of the karioke THERE'S A LADY WHO KNOWS ALL THAT GLITTERS GETS YOU LOCKED UP IN THAILAND......

The Chruch House seems to consist of the same half dozen hardcore so i'd be up for doing the rounds, so to speak.

I'm not bothered about the politics either and don't mind putting a wolly pully on with leather elbow patches, growing a grey beard and smoking a pipe for a night:D :D

:o :o :thumbs:

Is that instead of the usual Marks and Spencers floral 2 peice and a pair of Stiletos !:D
 
OK then the last wooly pully meeting had about 25 people, only a few on bikes as it was raining heavily, note the polite phrase, bikes owned between us are 748BPx 2 916SPS(no 2) ST4S, 900SSie, 749R, 888SPS, 900SS carb, 888Strada, Monster 600x3. MTS1000x2 996x3, S4, ST2 other people are made up of wives and girlfriends, not to mention owners other bikes, SS Darmah, street Scrambler, 250 racer. Some members do have older bikes but most also have a newer one or two, the branch runs 12 months avery month come rain snow or whatever. I am on holiday next DSC meet but I will be there the one after, wearing my DSC t-shirt I bought at the BMF. There is a deal in the pub for two meals for a tenner, if you arrive alone we should still get it for a fiver. I am away also the next one but there should still be a few there.
 
Did someone mention my name?

Hello all,

Give me the details about when and where and I'll post it up on the Monster forum to see if I can get a few people out. At long last I'm working again, so I can afford to get out now! :D I'll get along when I can.



It was nice to meet you the other day Lily! :)
 
In Wigan I can guarantee loads of pies and Rugby league but no coal mining as Thatcher closed it all, George Orwell is dead, Kajagoogoo have split up, Kim Marsh can now been seen in Corrie and The Verve are all play golf some where.
 
Back
Top Bottom