mcn tomorrow

gordj65

New member
mcn tomorrow are going to have a picture of the new ducati flagship a 1200 replacement for the 999 with the headlights of the old 916 type of thing the pics theyre showing on their email look a bit japanese to me at first glance.youll all have to rush out and buy it tommorrow:comp2:
 
are you on commission? I only buy that rag in extreme circumstances and this isn't one of them! Sorry, nothing personal.
 
More Crap News! I don't think so, the ads are more interesting and there's plenty of them! :yawn: :yawn:
 
gordj65 said:
mcn tomorrow are going to have a picture of the new ducati flagship a 1200 replacement for the 999 with the headlights of the old 916 type of thing the pics theyre showing on their email look a bit japanese to me at first glance.youll all have to rush out and buy it tommorrow:comp2:


I suppose I'll pass 10 minutes reading it, might as well take a look at this new bike, it might be on the shopping list for next year :)
 
Mikey,

You're meant to be looking at the big red motorbike on the front cover.

It's BELOW the free coffee offer!! :D
 
Another MCN artists impression there eh? I can't see Ducati sticking a single sided swinger back on, or twin pipes....
 
Gizmo said:
OOps, I don't think it is WTF??

Right, lets just have a wee look here!

OK, well we can all see its a compooter generated thingy like the other weeks compooter generated thingy.
That made me laugh, did anyone see that?
On the front cover we had a bike with a silver front wheel with a knackered track-used old Michelin boot, black Ohlins forks (off of a 999R Xerox) and a black Gp front fender. There was also a 999 headlight (thought they were meant to be ugly!!!;) :D :confused: ) and some Alice graphics.

Then on the inside cover it was gold forks (which by the way, the top of the fork was silver and the bottom was gold and they didn't even line up!!!:D ), a red front fender (Corse type) with a black wheel and totally different new tyres and at the rear a pukka GP swingarm with a slick tyre.
Then we had some different graphics, 999 mirrors kinda blobbed on and a 999 exhaust stuck in there!?!?!:confused:

This week we have a 999R with the seat unit painted red, some 916 style pipes glued underneath and a carbon fairing at the RHS footpeg that mysteriously fades to red as you travel further up the fairing.
Next we have some 916 style headlights kinda moulded into a 999R fairing with the 916 style air intakes under the lights (way too small to even be anywhere near efficient!!) and some GP style fairing cutouts in the lower fairing.
To finish off the picture we have a single sided swinger, again off of a 916 and neither front or rear wheels match in style! Ducati would NEVER EVER EVER do that! Like Freak says, doubtful the single would come back into play!

I have to take my hat off to MCN here, I wish I could use me compooter that way!:D :D

I've got to ask, is anyone buying into this picture (and story) or am I right in saying it's a very skilled Emap designer using photshop to its full potential???

If there IS a new bike coming in '07 or '08 (and the official channels deny this!!) I doubt it will look anything like these at all!

Just my opinion!

Any comments???:)

Mart
 
Martin Ducati Glasgow said:
:OT:
;)
I've been wondering when someone would remind me about that!

Anway quickly back to this picture thingy!!! :D ;)

Mart

At least you're not an impotent shandy drinker ;)
 
Ha ha... Shandy man :D

We all saw it and there's photo's to prove there's no wood in those pants! :p

Davie you might be right, whatever it's was a cracking night... but we're off topic again here and Giz will be on us in no time
 
The poster was in my local for sure, but that was the only link to me.

My woody works no problem, and I've got the dependants to prove it - what's your excuse?? ;)

As for you DAVIE!!! You need a lang spoon tae sup wi' a Fifer - but a langer yin tae sup wi a @@@@ fae Lasswade!! ;)
 
I've yet to work out how, in 19 posts we've gone from a new Ducati design, how people read MCN, discussing the merits of photshop, Martin's guitar playing, my coffee additction, Scottch's erectile problems and a load of abuse of various members of this forum. I'm not sure I know what off topic is any more :D :D

Back to Ducati designs i think please people....
 
Gizmo said:
I've yet to work out how, in 19 posts we've gone from a new Ducati design, how people read MCN, discussing the merits of photshop, Martin's guitar playing, my coffee additction, Scottch's erectile problems and a load of abuse of various members of this forum. I'm not sure I know what off topic is any more :D :D

Back to Ducati designs i think please people....

OK......personally??? Ducati Designs??? Not bothered! ;)
 
are mcn liars

Martin Ducati Glasgow said:
Right, lets just have a wee look here!

OK, well we can all see its a compooter generated thingy like the other weeks compooter generated thingy.
That made me laugh, did anyone see that?
On the front cover we had a bike with a silver front wheel with a knackered track-used old Michelin boot, black Ohlins forks (off of a 999R Xerox) and a black Gp front fender. There was also a 999 headlight (thought they were meant to be ugly!!!;) :D :confused: ) and some Alice graphics.

Then on the inside cover it was gold forks (which by the way, the top of the fork was silver and the bottom was gold and they didn't even line up!!!:D ), a red front fender (Corse type) with a black wheel and totally different new tyres and at the rear a pukka GP swingarm with a slick tyre.
Then we had some different graphics, 999 mirrors kinda blobbed on and a 999 exhaust stuck in there!?!?!:confused:

This week we have a 999R with the seat unit painted red, some 916 style pipes glued underneath and a carbon fairing at the RHS footpeg that mysteriously fades to red as you travel further up the fairing.
Next we have some 916 style headlights kinda moulded into a 999R fairing with the 916 style air intakes under the lights (way too small to even be anywhere near efficient!!) and some GP style fairing cutouts in the lower fairing.
To finish off the picture we have a single sided swinger, again off of a 916 and neither front or rear wheels match in style! Ducati would NEVER EVER EVER do that! Like Freak says, doubtful the single would come back into play!

I have to take my hat off to MCN here, I wish I could use me compooter that way!:D

I've got to ask, is anyone buying into this picture (and story) or am I right in saying it's a very skilled Emap designer using photshop to its full potential???

If there IS a new bike coming in '07 or '08 (and the official channels deny this!!) I doubt it will look anything like these at all!

Just my opinion!

Any comments???:)

Mart
shock horror gasp martin are you saying that mcn are not exactly telling the truth.that perhaps they could be mistaken in this how can that be the mcn guardian of our motorcycling rights, misinformed:eek:
i know when they said ktm swing arms had a paint peeling problem they were wrong as ktm swingarms were un painted at the time but they only did that so ccm could win the test.surely theres not a suggestion in the air that they woyuld delibaretly make up a story when there wasnt one there im horrified. ill have to write to my mp about this:confused: ;) ps. davie you go into tescos and buy vodka and fags everyday so whats the change there:
 
Anyone see the football last night?
















oops sorry back on topic, i do like hazelnuts.

Mock up or not it looks so much better than that pig ugly thing that the 749/999 is designed for partially sighted people with zero taste, that is a carbuncle of current motorcycle design, that is only suited for use as a ships anchor.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom