M191 SSX 600 Monster

Pict

Elite Member
Monster_998's post brought a wee tear to my eye for my old Monster. It was yellow but was traded in to M&S with a bashed tank (oops!) and I have a feeling they did a bodywork change to red.

If I recall correctly M191 XSX was also collected from Alvins that same August morning.

I will never forget riding across the Forth Bridge at around 1am on my first ever Ducati, my first ever new bike and getting a big thumbs up from a guy in a Ferrari who also had a brand new M reg.

Two days later I was back to Alvins for the 600 mile service.

Where are you now M191 SSX? Must be pretty high mileage now cos I put on about 18,000 miles in 18 months :D
 
DVLA Website shows it's still around and in use:

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for M191 SSX are:

Date of Liability 01 07 2011
Date of First Registration 01 08 1994
Year of Manufacture 1994
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 583CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour RED



Looks like you right about the colour change too
 
See what I found.....

!CDk31tQ!mk~$(KGrHqIOKpUE0UZfYNU9BNPF1IBvyQ~~_12.JPG


It was on Ebay in January.

I need to get out more.
 
See what I found.....

[qimg]http://i.ebayimg.com/11/!CDk31tQ!mk~$(KGrHqIOKpUE0UZfYNU9BNPF1IBvyQ~~_12.JPG[/qimg]

It was on Ebay in January.



I need to get out more.

come out of the closet come on noone will hurt you its light outside you CAN go out to play come on come on
 
That is fantastic!!!! Are you a bounty hunter or something?? I just looked up my notes, It actually took me just under 2 years to do the 18,000 miles. Cracked mudguard on warranty, leaking fork seal on warranty, 5 shims at first service - these were the days!! I will drop the guy a note. Thanks again for the detective work :D
 
That is fantastic!!!! Are you a bounty hunter or something?? I just looked up my notes, It actually took me just under 2 years to do the 18,000 miles. Cracked mudguard on warranty, leaking fork seal on warranty, 5 shims at first service - these were the days!! I will drop the guy a note. Thanks again for the detective work :D

NOTES??? You are one sad dude!:flash:
 
NOTES??? You are one sad dude!:flash:

Here's sad for you;

31.12.94
3200 miles
Total petrol £144.43

:p


2/6/95
6025 miles

6000 mile service
7 1/2 hours £180
4 opening shims £6.80
3 closing shims £17.31
4 gaskets £4.20
2 plugs £5.50
sundries £2.00
Oil (Agip 4T) £21.90
Filter £8.95

£8.95 for an oil filter 16 years ago!!!!???

Here's the best bit.... one week and 89 miles later

Warranty - FOC
Piston / Barrel / Rings (Front)

During the service the scottoiler hose had been disturbed and the mixture was a little lean as a result :rolleyes: nice work Alvins!!
 
Back
Top Bottom