M Marquez

Well, that's the one! I can understand he tried to climb Rossi's back wheel but he made desperate move on Dani (12-13 laps to go) from well behind, missed him by mm. That's a no no, imo anyway. Those two commentators almost @@@@ed themself's in excitement when he overtook him, MM this that and the other. Yes blind person, just missed his team mate by inches, ain't that brilliant! Woudn't give them two drawn chikens to look after
 
I just don't like racers that must win no matter what price is to be paid, or who's going to pay it. And in my opinion that's exactly what he did on Sunday. Reminds me of another racer who according to many "invented" racing. In my opinion this guy was a maniac that wouldn't be stopped by anything except maybe a wall
 
Marquez wins with a smile and when he didn't win, not often now, he still smiled.

I like him. :thumbs:

Golddesk, you refering to Senna?
 
I like him. for lots of reasons. he does have flaws, but I cant see enough of them to make me dislike him. not like others I have disliked who also had huge talent and were winners.
 
Until last race like most I've admired his talent, he is immensely talented, there's no question about it. Two occasions, one with Rossi, other with Dani, completely missed the ball, nearly got a leg tho. Looks to me that he developed a bit of a "god sindrom". Winning all races this year is the aim, and I'm getting it! No matter what it takes! I might be completely wrong on this, time will tell
 
I just don't like racers that must win no matter what price is to be paid, or who's going to pay it. And in my opinion that's exactly what he did on Sunday. Reminds me of another racer who according to many "invented" racing. In my opinion this guy was a maniac that wouldn't be stopped by anything except maybe a wall


Sorry mate you seem to have forgotten Rossi vs Gibernau, Stoner and all the other guys he's blitzed over the years and for a time he wasn't the best loved rider in the paddock, even if the crowds adhered him, never mind what Doohan Rainey and Gardener used to get up to just my opinion polite riders don't make for winners.
 
Sorry mate you seem to have forgotten Rossi vs Gibernau, Stoner and all the other guys he's blitzed over the years and for a time he wasn't the best loved rider in the paddock, even if the crowds adhered him, never mind what Doohan Rainey and Gardener used to get up to just my opinion polite riders don't make for winners.

Oh I'm certainly not arguing Rossis case or Dani's for that matter; imo he (mm) came from too far back to do anything that might actually work except what almost happened, both on the floor. As for Rainey and Gardener they probably don't hate each other these days as much as then. Still rather watched them than this now. Liked Schwantz and Mamola better than either
 
Bottom line is does he bring something to the racing ? Too bloody right he does :) We watch to be impressed and entertained and i think he does both those, he also forces the best out of Rossi , Pedrosa and Lorenzo.
I suspect that if Marquez was not as good as he is then Rossi would not be riding like he is.
I dont suppose any of them are too bothered if Golddesk doesn't like them :-) Personally he almost justifies me having to pay BT to watch what i watched for free last year.:D
 
I would like to see him on the ducati and see if he can tame the beast bit like stoner nothing seems to phase him imo
 
Bottom line is does he bring something to the racing ? Too bloody right he does :) We watch to be impressed and entertained and i think he does both those, he also forces the best out of Rossi , Pedrosa and Lorenzo.
I suspect that if Marquez was not as good as he is then Rossi would not be riding like he is.
I dont suppose any of them are too bothered if Golddesk doesn't like them :-) Personally he almost justifies me having to pay BT to watch what i watched for free last year.:D

If you knew him (me) then you would know how little poo he gives whether they bothered or not. As for paying to watch any of them errr... NO! BT/sky combo generously provides me with that otherwise they would be relegated somewhere when I've no archeology to watch. Like this they got to wait till wednesday, no archeology on wednesday :mad:
 
Oh I'm certainly not arguing Rossis case or Dani's for that matter; imo he (mm) came from too far back to do anything that might actually work except what almost happened, both on the floor. As for Rainey and Gardener they probably don't hate each other these days as much as then. Still rather watched them than this now. Liked Schwantz and Mamola better than either
I bet in 15 years time I'm saying the current crop aren't as good as rossi , Lorenzo, stoner and Marquez !
 
I like him and think he is something special, but still reckon Casey wouldn't have put up with his moves and would have kicked his arse!
 
I've warmed a bit to Marquez this year, never liked him as a moto 2 or 3 rider as I saw him as dirty and willing to bounce of other riders to get an advantage.
He does seem to have cleaned up his act a little since then though cuts things fine on occasion.

He made more mistakes last weekend than usual though and I do wonder how he'd fare if he wasn't on the fastest bike any more, if Yamaha match the accerelration of the honda then we could see much closer racing.
Ducati are also rans this year, next year may be better and Suzuki will be back too.
It'll be fun when the tyres are switched back to Michelin as that could level the playing field a bit until the factories get to know them.
 
I think he's exciting, but then I liked Stoner whom everyone seemed to pan. Looked like talent to me.
I bet in 15 years time I'm saying the current crop aren't as good as rossi , Lorenzo, stoner and Marquez !
And with respect to the current crop, nothing like as exciting as Duke, Hailwood, Agostini, Read & Sheene ;)
 
Gotta say I am a big Marquez fan, a very clever and talented rider but a little too 'corporate' at times for my liking.

Colin Edwards, will be sorely missed.
 
Back
Top Bottom