M.A.D. Weekend - 17th/18th June

Tigerlily

New member
UKMOC
M.A.D.
WEEKEND
17TH-18TH JUNE 2006
************************





Rides out, bike show, bands - Crimes of Passion and All Except, raffle, and plenty of beer!

Even free camping!



People on UKMOC have been saying that they want something big up North, well this is it!

The idea for this event has been in the pipeline for quite a while and has transformed from the idea of a basic meet and ride out into a full weekend with a difference.


The UKMOC M.A.D. Weekend will be held at Squire’s Café<--(link) about 15 miles east of Leeds, a great rural venue and easy to get to from just about anywhere.


The weekend will start with a rideout on Saturday afternoon followed by food, beer and 2 bands on Saturday night. On Sunday we’ll have a small bike show (for Monsters) with prizes and another short rideout. We’ll also be having a raffle – the prizes will depend on my blagging skills.


This event will be something a bit special, not just because it’s a 2 day-er but mainly because we want to make this a fund raising event for a children’s hospice in Wetherby. This is where M.A.D. comes into it. M.A.D stands for Make A Difference and is a concept which dazzi-b and myself have come up with in order to raise money.
The hospice – Martin House - is almost totally reliant on donations and they provide their much needed care and support for free. There's a link to their website ^^^^^^^^^ if you’d like to see what they do for yourselves. We feel that this is a very worthy cause and anything we can raise would be very much appreciated by them.


As far as I know, this will be the first club event dedicated to raising money for charity. If we can make a success of this weekend then it could be the start of an annual event with the proceeds going to a different good cause in the future.


I don’t like asking for money but you can’t raise owt without asking can you?
We’d like to ask you for a donation of £10 if you’re coming for the weekend or £5 if you come for one of the days.
Everything raised will go to Martin House and Alison Wragg will be coming to Squires on Sunday morning so we can present her with a cheque (hopefully a large one!)






It's NOT essential that you turn up on a Ducati, so please don't think you can't join in if don't have one...... Hell, you can even come in a car if you want to bring a non-biking partner or your bike's off the road or whatever


Saturday

12.00pm - Arrive
3pm - 6pm - Ride out, including stop for food and refreshments
6pm - 8pm - Chill, chat, beer etc
8pm - Band 1
9pm - Super duper raffle
10pm - Band 2


Sunday

9am - Judging for the bike show
10am - Cheque presentation
11am - Short ride out for lunch, then back to Squires for prize giving​


If anyone has any questions or can help out in any way then please feel free to pm me or dazzi-b.


Thanks for taking the time to read our rather long post.....Now get your names down!


Tigerlily & dazzi-b
 
Last edited:
Well done and good luck, June looks like it will be a busy one, RTL 10th & 11th, yours then Oulton the following week, I am sure Mikey and I will make it over from this side, maybe Posiden and Abby aswell, can't promise both days but will certainly be there for 1 of them.

That means you have to drag a load of UKMOC peeps to RTL aswell though ;)
 
I've added it to the rideout calendar so people can subscribe to it and it'll appear 28 days before on the forum home. i'll add it to the main site as well.

I may have a run over, never been to squires and i wanted some photos to add to the Yorkshire page so its a good one to go do.
 
Thanks Gizmo :D

If you do make it across I'll be the one with a very large drink and grey hair (if I've got any left at all by then!) lol
 
Tigerlily said:
If I can make it (my kids will be at home that weekend) I'll bring as many as I can with me :D

If you can van the bike and bring the kids (with guardian) there is plenty for them to do in the area !
 
Is this on for sure, only just noticed it??

I'll try and get down there some time this weekend.

I'll send a message out to the DSC Yorks mob as theres a few monsters:eek: amongst 'em,

OK to post up on the DSC site if no one has done it already?

Ray.
 
Hi Ray

Yep it's definitely on - I've got the worry lines to prove it!


Thanks for reminding me that I'd posted this on here.... I'll have to update the thread with the itinery!

We've got 2 bands playing on Saturday night too!!!!! :D


You can post it wherever you like - the more the merrier (and it means more money for the charity too :thumbs: )
 
Should be able to get up there on Sunday morning for a few hours. Will try and remember to take my camera with me too!
Rich
 
I'll try to get over for saturday but it'll be lateish cos I'm trying on bikinis at Ducati Glasgow and popping in to see Tam too. Gotta keep busy, keep my mind off other stuff.....
 
richc said:
Should be able to get up there on Sunday morning for a few hours. Will try and remember to take my camera with me too!
Rich

Might see you up there Rich if the new brushes arrive and I can fit them without removing the starter .
 
Back
Top Bottom