Knockhill Lap Times

Neepdocker

Well-known member
I visited the Scottish motor fair at Knockhill today.
Ferrari had Barrichello's 2003 F1 car doing demonstration laps.This car driven by Nathan Kinch did a 43.3sec lap and hit 190mph at the end of the main straight.
I believe the superbike times are in the low 50's.

I found it hard to believe how quick this car was round Knockhill.With the track being so short and tight it made the Ferrari look even faster.

If you live locally and are at a loose end tomorrow go for a look.:thumbs: :thumbs:
 
Scottch said:
That's nearly as quick as me on a superpole lap mate ;)

It's funny you say that. Your name did go through my mind when I saw........

The Pink Panther's car DARUM...DARUM... DARUM...DARUM...DARUM...DARUM;) ;) ;)
 
Incredible things them F1 cars. The sound and sheer speed is something else. Been to loads of F1 Gp over more than 15 years and have seen nothing yet as awesome as them things racing round the narrow streets of Monaco.

Its just a shame the actual racing is a procession 9 times out of 10 races these days.
 
Its just a shame the actual racing is a procession 9 times out of 10 races these days.[/QUOTE]
I used to sit down on a Sunday afternoon to watch the F1 and never saw much of it because I always fell asleep. That doesn't happen with the Superbikes and MotoGp especially when the lead changes several times on a lap and they are inches apart at up to 200mph! F1 now.......I go out for a ride instead!;)
 
on the sunday the guy got his lap time down to 41 seconds , the current record for a superbike (BSB last year) is 49 seconds , that means it would take the car just 5 and a bit laps to lap the bike , now that's fast :cool:

........or to put more perspective on it a reasonably fast trackdayer (1 minute lap) would be lapped by the BSB bike in under 5 laps and the F1 car would get him in 2 and a half laps :eek:
 
I heard that Knockhill had been resurfaced. Is this correct?

I've never ridden it but am doing the Nial Mackenzie School sometime in August or September.
 
Back
Top Bottom