Knockhill 31 March

I am there that weekend and a few of the chaps(damn jap bikes)are booked in on the sat morn should be fun...
 
im waiting for a seat unit at the moment, if it comes before the 31st ill go, if not ill have to pass on it.

/ian
 
mmmm thinking about this one

I am thinking about this but I dont think I have the bottle to get the knee down on the monster 6!!!!

I am a freak dont kill me
 
hehe, go for it m8. if the weathers looking good ill be there.

seat might be painted by then.

/ian
 
ill look out for you mike !

my bike isnt ready but ill be going up with my mate who is going on the track.

hope u get the weather !

/ian
 
polishing my helmet

...as we speak. forecast looks good, so here we go for the first outing of the year. i've just enough tread on th tyres to do the morning session. so it's back to DG for some Michelin Pilot Race rubber asap after that!

see ya there tomorrow.

m
 
I have booked in for the meeting on Sunday 22nd April. 09.00 - 12.30 It is an all day thing. Bikes up to 12.30 and the cars in the afternoon. £80 I think they said.

Anybody booked in for that day?
 
match report

i had a fantastic morning at Knockhill today. the weather was great and the track day was well attended. at 08.30 it was a bit nippy on the way up to the top of the hill and i felt the back twitch once or twice which made me wonder how the morning was going to go. i needn't have worried, i survived and had a top, top time.

i felt sorry for one guy on a Kawasaki zx10r. first run, second corner and he totally binned it. lost the front wheel and he was straight down and out. fair play to him tho', he was back out the next session with the fairing all scraped and cracked. i reckon he had the wrong tyres on, they seemed too hard a compound to me.

there was another ducati in the novice group, a guy on a red 998, he was well quick. spotted another guy on a yellow 748, i don't know if he went on the track, maybe in another group.

i met with berto, what a top bloke! totally friendly and full of helpful tips. he got me some tuition with one of the instructors/racers for one of the sessions and got his race team rider to sort out the settings on my front suspension, it has made a big difference. thanks Berto, you are a gent.

the day finally killed of my rear Michelin Power Race (Medium) which has lasted 1600 miles. i suppose that's normal. it looked like chewing gum at the edges, except for a 2mm chicken strip that for the life of me i can't scrub. no knee down either. i will have to keep going and try to get faster. the lap timer gave me a best of 1min 6 seconds for a lap. who's the fastest at knockhill from DuN? anyone know?

today i finally found out what hitting maximum revs sounds and feels like (11k), which was a small achievement. a reminder to change gear at a snick before the top would be nice.

i'll try and make Sunday 22 April.

m
 
Hey Bud That was a top write up there. Cheers for that. I did not know until the last minute that there was a meeting yesterday, or I would have went no problems. I am however going on the 22nd of next month. I really am looking forward to it.

As for your laps and not getting the knee down I know what you mean. I have scrapped the slider just the once and it was at the hairpin. I may add it was right on the very edge of the corner going into it.

Graham the Guy next to Ducati Glasgow in the ' SHOX ' said that he would give us a few laps under his belt this season so I really am looking forward to it. Oh and I keep for getting to use the Lap timer on the Duke. So I am looking forward to seeing what the times are.
 
i had a fantastic morning at Knockhill today. the weather was great and the track day was well attended. at 08.30 it was a bit nippy on the way up to the top of the hill and i felt the back twitch once or twice which made me wonder how the morning was going to go. i needn't have worried, i survived and had a top, top time.

i felt sorry for one guy on a Kawasaki zx10r. first run, second corner and he totally binned it. lost the front wheel and he was straight down and out. fair play to him tho', he was back out the next session with the fairing all scraped and cracked. i reckon he had the wrong tyres on, they seemed too hard a compound to me.

there was another ducati in the novice group, a guy on a red 998, he was well quick. spotted another guy on a yellow 748, i don't know if he went on the track, maybe in another group.

i met with berto, what a top bloke! totally friendly and full of helpful tips. he got me some tuition with one of the instructors/racers for one of the sessions and got his race team rider to sort out the settings on my front suspension, it has made a big difference. thanks Berto, you are a gent.

the day finally killed of my rear Michelin Power Race (Medium) which has lasted 1600 miles. i suppose that's normal. it looked like chewing gum at the edges, except for a 2mm chicken strip that for the life of me i can't scrub. no knee down either. i will have to keep going and try to get faster. the lap timer gave me a best of 1min 6 seconds for a lap. who's the fastest at knockhill from DuN? anyone know?

today i finally found out what hitting maximum revs sounds and feels like (11k), which was a small achievement. a reminder to change gear at a snick before the top would be nice.

i'll try and make Sunday 22 April.

m

yea mike i think we all heard you miss that gear, what noise off that system m8 !

/ian
 
sorry i didnt get around to talk to you i was really busy helping my mates & crashing their bikes :(

/ian
 
no knee down either. who's the fastest at knockhill from DuN? anyone know?
m


.....Me me me, I'm the fastest!!!!

...no knee down - you ain't tryin' hard enough!!!! :D :D


sorry I missed this one chaps, sounded like fun and what weather. I got a brand new set of Rennsports on the Imola right now and I don't want to 'spoil' them before the first DG trackeve, I like to arrive at the track with a shiny new set of race tyres - makes me feel like Foggy and psychs Weeian out..... :D :p
 
missed gears, but great sound

that's the one thing i really miss, is seeing and hearing my bike go down the straight towards duffus. i would ask you ian to take it round for me so i could hear it, but.....................

m
 
that's the one thing i really miss, is seeing and hearing my bike go down the straight towards duffus. i would ask you ian to take it round for me so i could hear it, but.....................

m

yea yea mike :D

seriously tho, i was at the hairpin & could hear you on the throttle all the way up the start/finish then on the over run down to the dip, sweeeeeet

.....Me me me, I'm the fastest!!!!

...no knee down - you ain't tryin' hard enough!!!! :D :D


sorry I missed this one chaps, sounded like fun and what weather. I got a brand new set of Rennsports on the Imola right now and I don't want to 'spoil' them before the first DG trackeve, I like to arrive at the track with a shiny new set of race tyres - makes me feel like Foggy and psychs Weeian out..... :D :p

ive got slicks put aside just for you eddie :D

/ian
 
yea yea mike :D

seriously tho, i was at the hairpin & could hear you on the throttle all the way up the start/finish then on the over run down to the dip, sweeeeeet

Ian should that not read "i was LYING at the hairpin" ...............:p :p :p :p
 
i met with berto, what a top bloke! totally friendly and full of helpful tips. he got me some tuition with one of the instructors/racers for one of the sessions and got his race team rider to sort out the settings on my front suspension, it has made a big difference. thanks Berto, you are a gent.
. the lap timer gave me a best of 1min 6 seconds for a lap. who's the fastest at knockhill from DuN? anyone know?

today i finally found out what hitting maximum revs sounds and feels like (11k), which was a small achievement. a reminder to change gear at a snick before the top would be nice.


m

1 min 6 secs ????(get yer timer looked at cos it's running fast) Mike you are meant to hit the timer at the same point not hit it when you can see the point.hahahahahaha!
Glad you had a good time,see ya again!;)
 
gone fishin'

berto, i went fishing the day after, you should have seen the size of the fish i caught. it was "..................................................this big"

i'll be racing on your team by the end of the year mate.

m
 
You wouldn't be seen near one of my jap bikes surely????Well one of them was out in the novice group wi you and you deffo wern't near it heh heh heh!!!1.06 that's a cracker,it's the way you tell em!!!!;)
 
Back
Top Bottom