Knockhill 29th August

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mad Dash
  • Start date Start date
M

Mad Dash

Just visiting
The next assault on the Fifers continues on Friday 29th August, who's in, who's up for it ? We really do need more Ducatis at these events and less of the rice burners that contribute £0.00 to the Ducati Glasgow Charity :rolleyes: :D

Last one was my first "real" track day, so if you've never done one before, get it booked. The track is SAFER than ANY road, yet we say we don't want to take the risk....:rolleyes:

The track discipline is good, and ideal for beginners, I wore a bib last time on a 1098R, so what ??.... it was BRILLIANT FUN.

The more like minded Ducati folks we get, the more fun we'll all have.
 
im gonna come up & watch if the weathers good. It looking good on the longe range atm.

Sorry bikers only, and may I draw your attention to the forum home page "those who own or aspire to own a Ducati" :D :D Renault Clios didn't get a mention, unless I missed that :D :D What you want is a Renault Up North Track Day :rolleyes:

BUY A BIKE, she'll not mind that much
 
The next assault on the Fifers continues on Friday 29th August, who's in, who's up for it ? We really do need more Ducatis at these events and less of the rice burners that contribute £0.00 to the Ducati Glasgow Charity :rolleyes: :D

Last one was my first "real" track day, so if you've never done one before, get it booked. The track is SAFER than ANY road, yet we say we don't want to take the risk....:rolleyes:

The track discipline is good, and ideal for beginners, I wore a bib last time on a 1098R, so what ??.... it was BRILLIANT FUN.

The more like minded Ducati folks we get, the more fun we'll all have.

I might come along. ;) Fair few Ducatis 'n Rice burners gettin' in my way last time though....:whistle: ;) :D
 
Just had the ok from Mrs Pibbow so I'll be there!!!

not sure about Matthew yet we wait and see.

Peter
 
Sorry bikers only, and may I draw your attention to the forum home page "those who own or aspire to own a Ducati" :D :D Renault Clios didn't get a mention, unless I missed that :D :D What you want is a Renault Up North Track Day :rolleyes:

BUY A BIKE, she'll not mind that much


Righto Victor, wait till the next fourball, your gettin ure arse handed to you. . . . . ;)
 
C'mon then whos definately going? The weather is set (once again) to be fantastic, not too much wind and dry and warm.
I'm gonna get there in good time today, heading down just after lunch. Imola Stripped down to it's 'track' spec :rolleyes: and I'm raring to go!! :)
Stu, I wanna hear a Desmo on that track this evening - maybe even two Scott?
Shame Weeian hasn't got a bike at the mo, I've missed our little boughts of fun this season.
See you all there. :)
 
yep, I'll be there and looks like the D16RR for a few laps... off on holiday on Monday so don't want to do a full on track day... so, D16RR it is, and it'll be 20mph laps for me... that'll finish the tyre too :D :D :D
 
C'mon then whos definately going? The weather is set (once again) to be fantastic, not too much wind and dry and warm.
I'm gonna get there in good time today, heading down just after lunch. Imola Stripped down to it's 'track' spec :rolleyes: and I'm raring to go!! :)
Stu, I wanna hear a Desmo on that track this evening - maybe even two Scott?
Shame Weeian hasn't got a bike at the mo, I've missed our little boughts of fun this season.
See you all there. :)

dont forget your back protector ed ...or do you want me to bring mine up for ye ;)
 
have good one everyone...weathers lookin' fine,couldn't get the day off,would have loved to be there.



Plenty pics/vids please:D
 
yep, I'll be there and looks like the D16RR for a few laps... off on holiday on Monday so don't want to do a full on track day... so, D16RR it is, and it'll be 20mph laps for me... that'll finish the tyre too :D :D :D

Can I have a shot mister??? (on my bike that is!!) :D

don't answer that coz this is my last post before I switch off and head down the long and windy road!!! :)
 
C'mon then whos definately going? The weather is set (once again) to be fantastic, not too much wind and dry and warm.
I'm gonna get there in good time today, heading down just after lunch. Imola Stripped down to it's 'track' spec :rolleyes: and I'm raring to go!! :)
Stu, I wanna hear a Desmo on that track this evening - maybe even two Scott?
Shame Weeian hasn't got a bike at the mo, I've missed our little boughts of fun this season.
See you all there. :)

ive missed you too m8 :( Hairpin must be very lonely these days huh :o

dunno if im gonna make it up to watch tonight, Have a good 1 !!!!! keep it sunny side up.
 
Need Help !!!

I've had a monumental b@stard of a week, with a grande finale today of stupidity beyond my wildest nightmares... So, I ask a question SERIOUSLY, is that a good mindset to be taking a £40k bike to Knockhill or not... I think perhaps maybe NOT.
 
I've had a monumental b@stard of a week, with a grande finale today of stupidity beyond my wildest nightmares... So, I ask a question SERIOUSLY, is that a good mindset to be taking a £40k bike to Knockhill or not... I think perhaps maybe NOT.

Oh go on......give us all spectators a good laugh.......:p
 
Well, I've just got through the door, knackered but alive!
two broken bikes this evening!
Before anybody else gets in there, burst the outlay shaft seal (the one behind the drive sprocket for the likes of Pete), I knew it was weaping but it went big time - after only half an hour, shame was just starting to eat a few 'big bikes' ! Still It isn't a difficult job and I'll have it done in no time.
So Pete, out of the kindness of his heart, lends me the 916SPS that he'd bought along - fantastic, forgot how brilliantly the 916/748 chassis handles. Anyway, I decide that if I do a 7th lap he'd start getting a bit knarked so I came in only for that bike to start @@@@ing all it's coolant out of the bottom of the bellypan.
It seems that the a gasket may have sprung a leak but all the same, I feel a bit embarrassed by it! - sorry Pete, I guess I'm barred from your social event in October now heh!!!! :o
 
Not long back home after an exciting track evening. Apologies for being on the KTM rather than the GT but the Orange One is such a laugh around the track. What value for money too !. Mostly on tarmac but also a bit of high-speed grass and gavel tracking from the top of Duffus and back onto the track again when I should have been paying more attention...:rolleyes: If I'd been on the GT or the 749 I'd definitely have been over the bars, so thanks to those nice Austrians at KTM. Ducati, please build something as good as this when you replace the Multistrada !

Great to meet up with other DUNners and SDC folks as usual, and no wildlife running across the track this time to disrupt the sessions either.
 
Good to see everyone tonight...albeit briefly. :thumbs:

And its good to see Ed scrap 2 bikes in 1 night :D

Maybe his bike has talent but he sure hasnt!!! :D
 
...I hate you all!!! :rolleyes: :p

Well culprit duly removed from my beloved motor - took all of 15 mins (the joys of using a split link in a chain).
New seal ordered @ £4. It looked alot worse than it was as I really didn't loose that much oil. Alls well that ends well. :)

IMG_00031.jpg

IMG_00051.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom