Jim 999

jamesguschi

New member
Hi Lads and Thanks Gizmo for the info on the Site, just registered tonight.

I am finding the Site a bit difficult to surf but I will get there in the end, hopefully. I cannot even get my marker on the Map yet, although I think it is something to do with the 'Beta' as it says at the top of the Page.

Anyway, my name is Jim, I am from the Fair City of Perth, Bonnie Scotland. I am 45 years old and I have two daughters my own house and self Employed. I own two Bikes a Ducati 999 2003 model and an RX Kawasaki 1986 ( it is in the process of getting a complete professional paint job at the moment ).

I have only had the Duke for 3 months and I bought it from Alvins in Edinburgh. I believe I got a good price for it. When I bought her, I got as part of the deal to fit a complete Termi kit, Exhaust, Chip , Filters etc, the works. I have a bit of this BLING Virus and I am suffering badly from it but the Bike is looking soooooo. good.
I have added many parts to the bike that is only three months old and it is still growing.

Anyway I will have to get back and do a bit more figuring out this Site. Anybody feel free to E-Mail me with the Gen on the Site, Meet ups or just say Hello.

Take Care,

Jim
 
Last edited:
Welcome aboard Jim!

I know Perth quite well, and must admit it's indeed the fair city - I'd hope to one day live up there once I've won the lottery!

Hope you persevere and get to know how the site works, it's really not too difficult mate ;)

Fingers crossed, we'll get you on a rideout sometime soon - and maybe even catch you at the bike show soon?

Stick in there mate - this is THE website for Ducati owners on our side of the border :thumbs:

Cheers!
 
Ah, nice to have another 999 owner Jim, as you're at the bar I'll have a large latte please, busy working on the next newsletter tonight and I need summit to keep me awake.

Let em know what you are struggling with on the site and i'll try and help. On the map you have to navigate to your location before hitting your entry or it sticks the pin just east of edinburgh. Just make sure you get your town in the middle of the map, where ever you click the map centres to, then zoom down so the exact location is in the centre, click your entry and it should be done. The browser needs to refresh, shift refresh or quit out and back in. When all else fails PM me your lat and long and approx location and I'll update the database :)

There's a lot of viewing options you can choose and different themes and language options as well. Scottish is next on the list :D
 
Usually get Mikey, Michael ( of the missus) or Giz, i answer to all and a few more :D

I'll PM you in a mo....
 
jamesguschi said:
Thanks for the welcome. Do I just call you Gizmo or do you prefer something else?
If you want to put the marker on the City of Perth bud no probs but I must have done it 6 times with no luck...Apparently.

Take Care,

Jim

He hates Mikey
;)
 
Morning, nice to meet you :)

I'll have a Latte to keep me going, I am on off on holiday today so trying not to get too excited :)
 
Hi Jim, I recognise you from another site....

Coffee for me matey

Nice to see another 999 owner too!
 
Hi Jim,
Good to hear from you. I have a red ST4s and I'm from up the road in Forfar so might bump into. I'll have a pint of real ale please :beer:
 
afternoon jim and welcome. i'll have a cup of coffee this morning whilst i rest my tired eyes from this computer!
 
Jim

Freak said:
Hi Jim, I recognise you from another site....

Coffee for me matey

Nice to see another 999 owner too!

Eeeeeeer What is all this 'Get the drinks in Lark' I was forced to sign up.;) ;) ;) :beer: :beer: :beer:
PS. Hope my reputation has not preceeded me Freak;) ;) ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom