Info required from our New Zealand friends

Char

Elite Member
Subscriber
My no.2 son is looking at applying for work in NZ

He is a qualified Arboriculturist / tree surgeon with all the relevant tickets.

He would like to find somewhere with accommodation etc and there seem to be various companies who offer jobs & will sort visas etc.

How good are these companies and any tips or hints much appreciated !!
 
My no.2 son is looking at applying for work in NZ

He is a qualified Arboriculturist / tree surgeon with all the relevant tickets.

He would like to find somewhere with accommodation etc and there seem to be various companies who offer jobs & will sort visas etc.

How good are these companies and any tips or hints much appreciated !!
Don't know much about this. How old is he? Used to be if under 35 and a British citizen you could get a years working visa no problem. Maybe someone at the nz embassy could point him in the right direction.
I know of an Indian chap who was taken for thousands by a lawyer who was sorting his visa. Not sure how common that sort of thing is but it does happen.
 
Don't know much about this. How old is he? Used to be if under 35 and a British citizen you could get a years working visa no problem. Maybe someone at the nz embassy could point him in the right direction.
I know of an Indian chap who was taken for thousands by a lawyer who was sorting his visa. Not sure how common that sort of thing is but it does happen.
He’s 28. Good call re embassy thanks
 
giphy (1).gif
 
Don't know squat about it, but, I don't think you need an Immigration agent/company, a lot of Pacific Islanders and Asians have employed various agents, paid thousands of Dollars, been promised a job, accommodation etc, then arrived to nothing. So be careful, Embassy is a good call, or Welcome to Immigration New Zealand
 
Are you even allowed to chop down trees in NZ? Thought they were all green down there....
He rarely chops a tree down unless it can’t be saved or is dangerous - his job is understanding them and doing what he can to save them by thinning and pruning etc & knowing about what trees to replant 😁. He doesn’t do forestry or tree ‘crops’
 
My no.2 son is looking at applying for work in NZ

He is a qualified Arboriculturist / tree surgeon with all the relevant tickets.

He would like to find somewhere with accommodation etc and there seem to be various companies who offer jobs & will sort visas etc.

How good are these companies and any tips or hints much appreciated !!
Did ya boy go any further with this? Still don't know the ins and out with immigration but have met some arborists in the area I'm at and they are crying out for workers.
 
Did ya boy go any further with this? Still don't know the ins and out with immigration but have met some arborists in the area I'm at and they are crying out for workers.
He’s looking at Canada at the moment - but NZ would be good to - Any details of wages/companies etc would be appreciated !!!
 
He’s looking at Canada at the moment - but NZ would be good to - Any details of wages/companies etc would be appreciated !!!
Will ask em for more details when I see them next.. not sure how wages in nz compare to Canada but I know they ain't great compared to cost of living here!!! One of the downsides to this Lil country....
 
He’s looking at Canada at the moment - but NZ would be good to - Any details of wages/companies etc would be appreciated !!!
Canada is a great place to live and work, full of opportunity, but they do have proper winter‘s which IMHO you would need to take into consideration if you would be working outside (and up a tree). I think people who provide gardening services during the summer often work for snow clearing services during winter (Driving big tractors with snow blowers)
 
NZ's been on my list for a while, I'm just too dumb and lazy to figure it out. Now probably too old. I'm sure there a plenty of highly qualified paper pushers.
 
NZ's been on my list for a while, I'm just too dumb and lazy to figure it out. Now probably too old. I'm sure there a plenty of highly qualified paper pushers.
My nephew emigrated to NZ about a year ago. He was 70 yrs old when he went. His son. d/in law and grandchild live there. Don't know if that helped him, but he said that the immigration rules had been relaxed in some cases....
 
NZ's been on my list for a while, I'm just too dumb and lazy to figure it out. Now probably too old. I'm sure there a plenty of highly qualified paper pushers.
Italy for me if i had the money, Misano would be my number one spot and close to my friends so win win!! More of a pipe dream really, oh well i am very thankful for what i have and that's good enough for me!! :)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom