I Like It!

MartinH

New member
Just been reading the threads about Sundays ride out and also thinking back to the meeting the other Sunday up at Hartside. Think its good how things are coming along in such a short time with DuN. Was great to look out into the car park at Hartside and to see that all bar 2 Suzukis and a couple of cars it was all Ducatis.:)

When I got my first Ducati about 4 years ago there did not seem to be much in the way of any kind of social/riding events with other Ducati owners, sure I used to get out with a group of mates on jap stuff but always felt like I was viewed as an oddity coz I lost interest in having the latest Japanese 1000 and went Italian. Sure I became a member of the DSC but as we all know there was little in the way of club activity up here. I know Ray makes an effort to get people out but squires etc not really my cup of tea. (but I will make the effort this year Ray!) For the most part I am not really into ride outs with a lot of other bikes but enjoyed MMMMM and RTL for the social side of things. Sites such DuN and DSC are an asset not just to Ducati owners but to Ducati themselves as they either attract interest to the brand or in my case keep the interest growing in all things Ducati. The wealth of knowledge and the enthusiasm and helpfulness of members of both DuN and DSC is for me a great reason to keep riding the bikes we all love.

The sight and sound of a load of Ducatis in the same place is something special and long may DuN continue to grow. Would like to say a big thanks to Michael and all those who assisted him in creating this site.
 
But can you make Sunday? I think the presence we should show at Devil's will be a great advert and experience.

Derek at Ducati Leeds told me today they had sent out 90 invitations...... presumably from service/owner records. Even if a tenth of them turn out, along with DuN people it should be very impressive.
 
I'll never forget the noise of all the Ducati's riding through Cleator Moor on RTL last year !

As for the group of Gixers at Hartside Top they were the "Gixer Crew" and their rideout had also been organised through the Internet, one of the guys I spoke to had never met any of them before, just seen it on-line and turned up !
 
I am hoping to be there Sunday. Spent this Sunday doing the fatherly things with the kids etc so no probs there. However I am on call with my business so have to play it by ear sometimes.
 
MartinH said:
Just been reading the threads about Sundays ride out and also thinking back to the meeting the other Sunday up at Hartside. Think its good how things are coming along in such a short time with DuN. Was great to look out into the car park at Hartside and to see that all bar 2 Suzukis and a couple of cars it was all Ducatis.:)

When I got my first Ducati about 4 years ago there did not seem to be much in the way of any kind of social/riding events with other Ducati owners, sure I used to get out with a group of mates on jap stuff but always felt like I was viewed as an oddity coz I lost interest in having the latest Japanese 1000 and went Italian. Sure I became a member of the DSC but as we all know there was little in the way of club activity up here. I know Ray makes an effort to get people out but squires etc not really my cup of tea. (but I will make the effort this year Ray!) For the most part I am not really into ride outs with a lot of other bikes but enjoyed MMMMM and RTL for the social side of things. Sites such DuN and DSC are an asset not just to Ducati owners but to Ducati themselves as they either attract interest to the brand or in my case keep the interest growing in all things Ducati. The wealth of knowledge and the enthusiasm and helpfulness of members of both DuN and DSC is for me a great reason to keep riding the bikes we all love.

The sight and sound of a load of Ducatis in the same place is something special and long may DuN continue to grow. Would like to say a big thanks to Michael and all those who assisted him in creating this site.


How else would u have got 10 psycos riding down from Scotland !

Its been a great start, i agree with ure sentiments martin.

/ian
 
MartinH said:
Just been reading the threads about Sundays ride out and also thinking back to the meeting the other Sunday up at Hartside. Think its good how things are coming along in such a short time with DuN. Was great to look out into the car park at Hartside and to see that all bar 2 Suzukis and a couple of cars it was all Ducatis.:)

When I got my first Ducati about 4 years ago there did not seem to be much in the way of any kind of social/riding events with other Ducati owners, sure I used to get out with a group of mates on jap stuff but always felt like I was viewed as an oddity coz I lost interest in having the latest Japanese 1000 and went Italian. Sure I became a member of the DSC but as we all know there was little in the way of club activity up here. I know Ray makes an effort to get people out but squires etc not really my cup of tea. (but I will make the effort this year Ray!) For the most part I am not really into ride outs with a lot of other bikes but enjoyed MMMMM and RTL for the social side of things. Sites such DuN and DSC are an asset not just to Ducati owners but to Ducati themselves as they either attract interest to the brand or in my case keep the interest growing in all things Ducati. The wealth of knowledge and the enthusiasm and helpfulness of members of both DuN and DSC is for me a great reason to keep riding the bikes we all love.

The sight and sound of a load of Ducatis in the same place is something special and long may DuN continue to grow. Would like to say a big thanks to Michael and all those who assisted him in creating this site.

Martin, thanks for the kind words, spent today at the funeral of a cycling friend who helped me out a lot years ago, it brought it home that at times we all have to put something back in, right now , for me its working on this site and the friends i've made here. It makes it all worthwhile when i read comments like yours. Roll on summer :)
 
Back
Top Bottom