I am pleased to reveal my new Blingness !

dseered

New member
I have been harrasing dear Jane at Ducati Leeds to send me a picture of what my bike is looking like, I am like a giddy kiddy, she is looking damn fine, best buy some cleaning products though !!!

dscf00607mz.jpg


:D
 
Freak said:
Luckily for me I can't see anything as it's a blocked site at work :D

oh, you can imagine though, white and lots of it :crazy: :D

anti fling chain lube needed for sure.
 
Should match your boots ok!?

Whers it going to end Ian? Now youve started youll be adding all sorts of bling!
 
Better buy plenty plasters mate!

You'll need them when you're scrubbing all the chain lube off :eek:
 
Do you think a Scottoiler would do the trick ??? As I am about to max my card out with this little lot another hundred won't hurt !

Will it still fling ?
 
I've yet to see any chain lube that doesn't fling to a degree, wax is probably the safest option but makes your chain look like cack! which you won't want with the new goldie looking number
 
Looks erm.............. WHITE!!!;)

With the white on the numberboard on the front of the bike it might just work!

I think you should defo get some red pinstripes on the wheels to break up the snow glare!!:)

Also use car polish and give them a good coat as it'll help you get the schmung off when they get dirty!

Next go out and get rid of those epic chicken strips on the tyres mate!!!!:D
 
I think a good quality carnuaba based wax might be a better idea than polish Martin - I believe it should provide a harder, longer lasting coating.
 
Martin Ducati Glasgow said:
Next go out and get rid of those epic chicken strips on the tyres mate!!!!:D


Those tyres have seen some action, really though in the 60 miles down to Ducati Leeds I really didn't want to be tipping it any further than that, state of the roads + RENNS = CERTAIN DISASTER !

Sent my Racetecs off to be fitted, they have only done about ten laps of Croft so are as good as new :D
 
ill reserve my judgement till i see them in the flesh ian, will be np spotting you tho with those, how many 749's have white wheels ?? NO others i dont think.

/ian
 
:eek: :eek: OH Dear!!!!! Like Ian says, I'll reserve judgement till later.............hoping it works too mate....really hoping.....
 
Real Mccoy said:
Dude you'll look like a fully fledged pornstar with those boots n wheels :hail:



I can do better than that, you all know I'm not shy, just plucking up courage to post it !
 
hee hee!!

yep..those wheels are defo white!!..think you will be needing some white lightning wax based lube to keep the babbies clean n happy...
look forward to seeing the bike in the flesh,and hope the weather picks up,so you dont decide you want it lifting back in the living room for a couple of weeks!if its snows will be expecting a phone call..
 
dseered said:
Do you think a Scottoiler would do the trick ??? As I am about to max my card out with this little lot another hundred won't hurt !

Will it still fling ?
Scottoiler would do the trick Ok, low viscosity oil and dead easy to clean off not like the normal tar, sorry chain oil. Trouble is where would you hide the bloody thing
 
drewV2 said:
Scottoiler would do the trick Ok, low viscosity oil and dead easy to clean off not like the normal tar, sorry chain oil. Trouble is where would you hide the bloody thing

Rory ??????

We have the Meister as a member, can you hide the unit on a 749/999 ???
 
Freak said:
I've yet to see any chain lube that doesn't fling to a degree, wax is probably the safest option but makes your chain look like cack! which you won't want with the new goldie looking number

I degrease my chain with WD40. taking all the crap of until she is crystal clean and then wash her with water. Then when it is totally clean and dry, free from dirt and grim I spray the wax on her and I leave it standing for 2 hours at least, before I go out on her. If I am going out for a ride I will do this the night before.

If you have one of those coloured chains a Ducati Guru from America says the Oil or wax needs only to be on the O Rings and not on the outer link keeping the colour of your chain clean.

My Bike has a very clean area around the front Sprocket and engine and I believe that this is the only way to keep the Bike in showroom condition.

Do I sound like an Anorak?
 
Last edited:
A Scottoiler will turn that white rim grey in record time. It'll be good for the chain, but you won't like the mess on the rim. From a bling standpoint, no Scottoiler ...

Edited to add ...
It's easy enough to hide a small reservoir unit, I have one on my 999S - plus I have grey rims, which hides the goo a bit. The goo just wipes off, dead easy.

<The voice of experience>
 
I'm not the best at chain lubrication, hence why I went for a 'goldilookingchain' I will feel guilty if it is ever anything other than Gold !
 
Back
Top Bottom