How far and how long.........

dseered

New member
Is it round the the UK coast, England, Wales and Scotland on the nearest 'good' road to the coast. I maybe fancy doing something for charity later on in Summer and thought it was something a bit different to the Lands end John O'Groats run.

Just a thought not done any research though yet !
 
dseered said:
Is it round the the UK coast, England, Wales and Scotland on the nearest 'good' road to the coast. I maybe fancy doing something for charity later on in Summer and thought it was something a bit different to the Lands end John O'Groats run.

Just a thought not done any research though yet !

I'd think it is a helluva long way, at least 2,000 miles. I've always wanted to do something like that but probably never will. If you get this off the ground I'm sure I could join in for at least part of it.
 
According to my Autoroute, the route in green on the image below

uk.gif


is 3220 miles long :eek: and would take about 10 and a half days to complete (and that's not hanging about either) riding for 8 hours everyday.

Riding for 12 hours daily brings it down to just over 7 days.

Not a small undertaking at all!
 
Cool, thanks Scott, I will see how I am getting on for holidays later on in the year, I would love to do this !
 
dseered said:
Cool, thanks Scott, I will see how I am getting on for holidays later on in the year, I would love to do this !
Well if you do this and i think your mad by the way when your in edinburgh drop by the shop for a wee donation and a cuppa,obviously being from edinburgh im talking a really wee donation but there could be a shiny 10p for the charity of your choice:thumbs:
 
Freak said:
Busy morning there Scott? :p

It's autoroute Jon - dead easy and quick to do tbh.

You could probably cut the mileage down Ian - I dragged the route allover the place to follow the coastline, but if you were just doing major road you'd slash the distance.
 
And i'll never forget the night my stupid mate took a toy monkey on the end of a piece of washing line round Hartlepool when we were out on a batchelor night.

Not a clever idea..................
 
BDG said:
And i'll never forget the night my stupid mate took a toy monkey on the end of a piece of washing line round Hartlepool when we were out on a batchelor night.

Not a clever idea..................

Thats the story you told me, still makes me laugh!
 
Back
Top Bottom