Hoghton Tower Sprint - Sunday April 9th

Roger

New member
This Sunday it's Hoghton Tower Sprint.
1/8 mile straight line sprint up the drive of Hoghton Tower (situated on the A675 between Blackburn and Preston).
Usually a good mix of over 120 modern and classic bikes, road bikes, sprint specials, motocrossers and even sidecars (very scary on such a narrow drive)!
I'm entering a Ducati 250 (No 32 in the modern class) so come along and give me a cheer and pop into the paddock to say hi - I'll no doubt have a brew on, and if not you can make me one!

I don't think that there are any other DOC members competing, what about the rest of the Up-North community?

Practice starts at 10am and competitive sprinting starts at 1pm.

Admission: Adults £8.00. Children under 14 years and accompanied by an adult free.

Directions: Hoghton Tower is situated midway between Preston and Blackburn on the A675 about 6 miles east of Preston.
Exit 3 of the M65 is the nearest motorway junction and as you leave the motorway here, Hoghton Tower is sign posted.
 
You never know, may just get down and have a nosey, not sure what else I have commited to though ? Must check !
 
Good luck on Sunday Roger!

Sadly, it's a bit far for me to come down to - and we've already got a run on that day.

Hope to see some photo's!
 
I am away for the weekend, if there are any events that are on down South Lancs. between us I am sure we can put people up.

Good Luck Roger
 
I'd love to say yes but I fear we've got more DIY and also heard someone's already viewing Lily's gaff on SUnday afternoon now
 
Didn't have the best of days, clutch went before my first practice run so I didn't get to ride at all, but you have to take the rough with the smooth. At least it went at the sprint which gives me a chance to get it sorted before Oulton Park on the 22nd (round 2 of the Wirral 10 championship).
There were a few Ducatis there, three other singles, two Tricatis (Ducati single frames with Triumph engines), a 748 and a 926cc 888!
I packed up before lunch (so apologies if anyone was there and couldn't find me), but stayed till about 3pm to watch some of the sprinting.

The fastest speed I saw over the 1/8 mile uphill sprint was 111mph (in morning practice) which was pretty impressive. Extra (unwanted) excitement was also in practice when the air ambulance came for someone who failed to stop! I think that he was OK but they called the helicopter to be on the safe side.

Results should be on the Marshals North West web site before too long.
http://www.marshalsnorthwest.co.uk/

Cheers,

Roger
 
Back
Top Bottom