Hi,
Had a good run Sunday - Glasgow over to Lauder on the east coast where I met some mates then down the A68 (some amount of camera's ) to Longtown then Brampton. Then took the B6143 to Croglin then up to Hartside. Anyway the place was deserted - probably North West 200 ??
Anyway on the way back towards Penrith passed through a village on the twisties and there was a large group of police - bikes, vans and even bigger vans!! They had gadgets pointing in both directions - is this the norm or is this why the cafe was deserted ? The other thing of interest as you approach the bends the sign with bike and the words (TO DIE FOR) make with interesting reading - puts you off your stride but I suppose that's the point. Dont' remember these signs the last time I was there.
Interestingly enough not one car driver flashed to inform us of police presence.
Geoff
Had a good run Sunday - Glasgow over to Lauder on the east coast where I met some mates then down the A68 (some amount of camera's ) to Longtown then Brampton. Then took the B6143 to Croglin then up to Hartside. Anyway the place was deserted - probably North West 200 ??
Anyway on the way back towards Penrith passed through a village on the twisties and there was a large group of police - bikes, vans and even bigger vans!! They had gadgets pointing in both directions - is this the norm or is this why the cafe was deserted ? The other thing of interest as you approach the bends the sign with bike and the words (TO DIE FOR) make with interesting reading - puts you off your stride but I suppose that's the point. Dont' remember these signs the last time I was there.
Interestingly enough not one car driver flashed to inform us of police presence.
Geoff