Harris bevel

ducatipaddy

New member
A customer sent me this the other day so i thought i would share it.
Work in progress....



Harris dusted off their old jigs and made this new build frame for the guy as a strictly one off. The engine is just a borrowed lump to check fit and clearances.
If my memory serves me right i think they made about a dozen back in the day.
 
This is a picture of a Harris framed Ducati that I saw in Germany last year. Unfortunately it's a bit obscured but the frame seems to be a bit different.

DSCF5829.jpg
 
Yes this is an original up at "made in italy" the other week. I dont think its far off.






They seem to have simplified the swing arm pivot area and the rear subframe for a modern seat

This was mine under construction at the end of the bed in the early 90s :) not very Ducati but a 1105 wiseco Kwak. Genuine 900SS front end though :) first bike i ever built.
 
Last edited:
The "new" Harris frame seems to take cues from the 851 and 916 frames. I'm looking at the crossover section of the frame and the swing arm pivot bracing.
 
A guy called Rob from Sunderland had one years ago. He got knocked off it on the A19 coming back from Scarborough road races. I think he rebuilt it but haven't seen or heard of him or the bike for a long time.
 
Back
Top Bottom