What is a woman?
1979Bonkers. How old is that clip?
I bet that clip took more than one take.I loved how Eric was struggling to not laugh toward the end!
The film was banned on the grounds that it could be considered blasphemous.1979
Not sure it was banned, but was boycotted by many cinemas. I saw it at my local ABC. I was a good catholic boy (now lapsed), and was in hysterics throughout.The film was banned on the grounds that it could be considered blasphemous.
Only in some places, not universallyThe film was banned on the grounds that it could be considered blasphemous.
I saw it in Farnham... first time I was allowed to go to the pictures by myself (with mates)... apart from Saturday morning pictures...Not sure it was banned, but was boycotted by many cinemas. I saw it at my local ABC. I was a good catholic boy (now lapsed), and was in hysterics throughout.
I recall from around this time, Ireland had apparently banned a total of five mainstream films from being shown in cinemas. Apparently, four of those films had been directed by Terry Jones.Not sure it was banned, but was boycotted by many cinemas. I saw it at my local ABC. I was a good catholic boy (now lapsed), and was in hysterics throughout.
I was twelve...It came out in 1979
Were you still tied to your mothers apron strings in your twenties?
Nobody looks 12 forever!You wouldn't think it looking at recent pics of you.
Peter Pan?Nobody looks 12 forever!
I've never been mistaken for Peter Pan, Jabba perhaps.Peter Pan?![]()
Ate the whole pan?I've never been mistaken for Peter Pan, Jabba perhaps.![]()
You are correct auld lad, our resident hedonist could never be mistaken for a pre pubescent boyI've never been mistaken for Peter Pan, Jabba perhaps.![]()
I recall from around this time, Ireland had apparently banned a total of five mainstream films from being shown in cinemas. Apparently, four of those films had been directed by Terry Jones.
Pretty impressive feat.
Yeah. Exactly.Down with that sort of thing.
I'm glad it's no longer difficult for you!Easy now.
It was the late 80s or possibly 1990 before it was cleared for screening in Ireland, after the catholic padeofile ring got caught systematically raping and abusing children they had to pipe down for a while... Around the same time I got myself fucked out of the church age 15 which now isn't possible but back then you could get a form go to your local rapist and receive confirmation you aren't in the padeo club anymoreThe film was banned on the grounds that it could be considered blasphemous.
At 15, technically you were nearly past your "sell by/consume by" date.It was the late 80s or possibly 1990 before it was cleared for screening in Ireland, after the catholic padeofile ring got caught systematically raping and abusing children they had to pipe down for a while... Around the same time I got myself fucked out of the church age 15 which now isn't possible but back then you could get a form go to your local rapist and receive confirmation you aren't in the padeo club anymore![]()
How dare youAt 15, technically you were nearly past your "sell by/consume by" date.