Former M696 owner, now considering M821

APL

New member
Having lost my Ducati 696, I thinking of a new bike. Do folks have an opinion of the Monster 821. Read a few reviews which seem favourable - the major gripe seems to be the heat off the exhaust.

It pretty much all boils down to what the insurance premium will be on the new bike considering the theft of the old one, but if it turns out to be manageable, that's the machine I'm considering.
 
Having lost my Ducati 696, I thinking of a new bike. Do folks have an opinion of the Monster 821. Read a few reviews which seem favourable
Yep - seems an awesome bike from what Ive read & heard.

the major gripe seems to be the heat off the exhaust.
not really experienced or heard of this much although did see it mentioned in a review somewhere.
Major gripe Ive seen is with the footpeg positioning...getting your heel caught on the exhaust or rear pegs.

It pretty much all boils down to what the insurance premium will be on the new bike considering the theft of the old one, but if it turns out to be manageable, that's the machine I'm considering.
Aye, but there is a load of little things you can do in terms of storing the bike and manipulating the poilicy to reduce it....and they all add up to big savings....

Hope you get a good deal!

:thumbs:
 
Back
Top Bottom