Festivals - Skye and Loopallu

Gizmo

Forum Geek
Is anyone planning on going to either the Skye or Loopalulu festivals?

Line up for Skye is looking impressive but with only 4 weeks to go it might be hard to find accommodation.

No line up announced as yet for Loopalulu on 21/22 September but I'm not bothered, I might go up anyway :)
 
Where abouts is that Mike? We maybe up there around that time as we are planning a tour of Scotland on the ne.....errmmmm mult......Wups....Better had say anything yet! ;)
 
Barn dancing doesnt really float my boat........

Barn dancing and incest, 2 things NOT to try during this lifetime

wheres the Loopalulu being held? when i was in the highlands couple of years back i was told about a big fest at Applecross, likes of Oasis were there parently, this it?
 
Where abouts is that Mike? We maybe up there around that time as we are planning a tour of Scotland on the ne.....errmmmm mult......Wups....Better had say anything yet! ;)

ooh, both Skye and Ullapool are perfect multi country Padge, Ullapool is north of Skye on west coast about 50 miles from Inverness.

Barn dancing doesnt really float my boat........

you can barn darn to Primal Scream Davie? i am impressed :D
 
Barn dancing and incest, 2 things NOT to try during this lifetime

wheres the Loopalulu being held? when i was in the highlands couple of years back i was told about a big fest at Applecross, likes of Oasis were there parently, this it?

Loopallu is Ullapool backwards :D
 
Last edited:
+

:doh: i can barely read when the words are the right way round! so wheres it at? :p

Try THIS, or "THIS", and when that doesn't work try www.loopallu.co.uk and that will!:comp2:
West coast due west of Inverness. 45mins approx.
Get ferry from there to Stornoway/Western Isles and a mean chippie to keep you fed.
I have some friends involved/playing in this and if you need more info I can ask for you.
 
Last edited:
Try THIS, or "THIS", and when that doesn't work try www.loopallu.co.uk and that will!:comp2:
West coast due west of Inverness. 45mins approx.
Get ferry from there to Stornoway/Western Isles and a mean chippie to keep you fed.
I have some friends involved/playing in this and if you need more info I can ask for you.

Thanks Stewart, it would be good to get an idea of the line up, we're going to book the hotel anyway :)

To post a link with here in is easy highlight the word you want to show ie "here" with a double click on it then go to the globe with link on the toolbar, click it and then add the web address url in the popup box. the software does it all for you unlike phpBB and other forum software.
 
If it was a one day event with both bands then I would be up for that, but its over 2 days. I dunno if ma wee liver can take 2 days now! :D
 
ooh, both Skye and Ullapool are perfect multi country Padge, Ullapool is north of Skye on west coast about 50 miles from Inverness.



you can barn darn to Primal Scream Davie? i am impressed :D


Cheers Mike! Who said anything about a Multi anyway? ;)
 
Well that's us booked into the Royal Hotel for two nights (21st & 22nd) and we'll be extending the trip to take in a few other locations to make a wee holiday of it :D
 
If it was a one day event with both bands then I would be up for that, but its over 2 days. I dunno if ma wee liver can take 2 days now! :D

Done Leeds/Reading a few time & made Mrs D swear an oath last time I got back that she would shoot me if I got a ticket to another
 
Done Leeds/Reading a few time & made Mrs D swear an oath last time I got back that she would shoot me if I got a ticket to another

Take her for the weekend, Ullapools a nice place to chillout :)

If it was a one day event with both bands then I would be up for that, but its over 2 days. I dunno if ma wee liver can take 2 days now! :D

Get totally hammered first day, pass out for the next, it'll save you buying a 2 day ticket

Cheers Mike! Who said anything about a Multi anyway? ;)

No-one but you wouldn't want to go to Ullapool on a 749 2 up so I suggested an alternative :)
 
Anyone of you coming up here, you will virtually pass by my house so if you need a cupper or just a break, feel free to pop in and say hello! :)
 
Does any of you guys and gals on here go to the Wickerman festival???
This is also in Scotland at dundrennan and its a bloody good festival, I have been twice and will be returning this year (to dj), al styles of music, I think the fun loving criminals are headlining.
http://www.thewickermanfestival.co.uk
 
...all welcome except Davie though, then again it'll probably too far for him to come and he'll go to Glencoe instead.... ;) :D
 
we need to go throught he calendar and work out time off. I have asked for unpaid :eek: leave from work already as I am runing short of holidays and haven't even factored in track days :(
 
Is that where they burn strangers ????

the Wickerman has got affa dear the last wee while,can recommend Skye ive done it the last two years and its by far the friendliest,even last year when it rained for both days still a great couple of Days,and for a old Punk like myself Buzzcocks and Ash yum yum:) or try the Mull of Kintrye festival in August and then book yer self in for a new liver
 
book yer self in for a new liver

Drinking makes my liver more resistant to traffic vibration !!!

Glad to see your an auld punk - this modern music PAH - you cant hear the word & there's no tune.......drone drone drone.................CHRIST Ive turned into me Dad :eek: :eek: :eek:
 
...............CHRIST Ive turned into me Dad :eek: :eek: :eek:[/QUOTE]

i find my self telling my kids stick in at School,wonder where i heard that lol,
def doing Cambelltown,and have got tics to see Skids in Dunfermline, looking forward to that
cheers Dougie
 
Back
Top Bottom