Faith

I'd prefer not having to deal with someone coming through my front door thank you.
I have been around and check the threads pretty regularly. The problem is at the end of the day. I can barely stay awake through 22 minutes of Itchy Boots nevermind typing on my phone which puts me to sleep even quicker.

Here is some of what I've been up to:
Paul and I did get out hunting several times. We came home one day with nothing which hadn't happened for years. It was a tough season.
The final hunt of the season though was on New Year's Day. It was just above freezing, the sun was shining and we got into plenty of birds(pheasants). We were fortunate to go home with 3 birds. Tina is 10 yrs old and is in great shape. It was important that we get birds for all her hard work finding them. There's no telling how many more years are left in her.
Here we are;
20240101_171004.webp

In November we drove out to Maryland for Thanksgiving to visit our son, his GF, and newest granddaughter. It was a short trip but worth it. We lucked out and had good weather for the drive. We were long overdue to do a road trip. We stop only when we have to and stop for 5-6 hours of sleep in the back of the car at night. Far less time consuming than going to a hotel.

Our daughter and family are still in town which means I have been doing some babysitting. I'm happy about that.

I took a break from my Spanish lessons to free up time. As it turns out, my instructor fell and broke his shoulder just before Christmas. He had to have the ball and socket replaced. He's still in a rehab facility not able to use his arm. He doesn't know what the future holds. He is in his 70's and has other health issues. No telling if he will be able to recover well enough to go home.

Meanwhile my brother just retired from his job. I brought my sync gauges to his place last week to help him with the carbs on an old Honda Shadow 750 he bought. It wasn't running and was dirt cheap. He got it running and is going to sell it. He wants to work on small engines now to make a few bucks. We've always worked well together. Now that we live closer to each other and he has time we'll get to do that more often.

Last weekend, Paul and I went to a local car museum. We've driven by it thousands of times and never went in. It's a museum that also sells cars. Here are a few pics.
20240113_132200.webp
20240113_132049.webp
20240113_125159.webp

We've also been shopping around for a pool and hot tub which means postponing getting a couple of other wish list things. However, I've waited years to get a pool since we moved to this place. Summers have been miserably hot and I look forward to not being stuck indoors on hot days. The hot tub will be fun for wintertime.
We also have to finish reupholstering our little fishing boat. I'll get to test out our newest toy, this cute little remote controlled trailer dolly. It can move a trailer up to 10K lbs or a 5th wheel trailer up to 15K lbs. I believe it should be easy peasy for it to move our 1,500lb boat and trailer.
20240115_200235.webp

So that's what I've been doing and then some. We have an arctic blast going through with subzero fahrenheit temps. That should make it possible to get out ice fishing. Hopefully we'll get hit with some snowstorms and get to go snowmobiling too. No point in having toys if you can't use them.
 
That's a great write up thank you. I was beginning to wonder whether all the petty banter and squabbling on here had put you off logging in.
It looks as though you are living life to the full. I look forward to the next episode.
Your door is safe for the time being.
 
I couldn’t find the ‘off topic’ thread or I’d have posted there but Afaik he, like expat Jack, got fed up with the squabbling, conspiracy theory bullshit, false information and general lack of motorcycle related content and felt @The GOAT should do more about keeping that crap out. At least that’s the gist of a convo we had a couple of years back when I met up with them.
 
I couldn’t find the ‘off topic’ thread or I’d have posted there but Afaik he, like expat Jack, got fed up with the squabbling, conspiracy theory bullshit, false information and general lack of motorcycle related content and felt @The GOAT should do more about keeping that crap out. At least that’s the gist of a convo we had a couple of years back when I met up with them.

Since then, a lot of the conspiracyy theories will have been proven to not be theories, so he can come back ;)
 
I couldn’t find the ‘off topic’ thread or I’d have posted there but Afaik he, like expat Jack, got fed up with the squabbling, conspiracy theory bullshit, false information and general lack of motorcycle related content and felt @The GOAT should do more about keeping that crap out. At least that’s the gist of a convo we had a couple of years back when I met up with them.
Unfortunately the conspiracy theory type tend to congregate where censorship is zero, they love to hero worship each other on how clever they are to have "seen the light". That said it is mainly kept to the right threads, so just ignore them.

The bickering is tedious, so I've the worst offender on ignore.
On a personal level I must contribute more Ducati content.
 
So imo what makes this virtual community of people with an opinion differant to the real world, so when we all go out and about on our bikes and meet some like-minded motorcyclist's or just people in general does there opinion and differing make being on here in anyway shape or form more of a ball ache!! At the end of the day people are people and to discuss and just except we are all different, is this not what life is all about, having the ability to argue the toss in a heated but not violent way. We all get angry at different points of view but don't we have to except that, fuck me the world would be boring without another persons view on life and all things that go with it!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dox
So imo what makes this virtual community of people with an opinion differant to the real world, so when we all go out and about on our bikes and meet some like-minded motorcyclist's or just people in general does there opinion and differing make being on here in anyway shape or form more of a ball ache!! At the end of the day people are people and to discuss and just except we are all different, is this not what life is all about, having the ability to argue the toss in a heated but not violent way. We all get angry at different points of view but don't we have to except that, fuck me the world would be boring without another persons view on life and all things that go with it!!
I think I agree with you but I can't understand what you wrote really :unsure:
 
So imo what makes this virtual community of people with an opinion differant to the real world, so when we all go out and about on our bikes and meet some like-minded motorcyclist's or just people in general does there opinion and differing make being on here in anyway shape or form more of a ball ache!! At the end of the day people are people and to discuss and just except we are all different, is this not what life is all about, having the ability to argue the toss in a heated but not violent way. We all get angry at different points of view but don't we have to except that, fuck me the world would be boring without another persons view on life and all things that go with it!!
you've hit the bottle early today.
 
Back
Top Bottom