DUK Grandstand WSBK Brands

Gizmo

Forum Geek
Ducati Uk are canvassing support for a Ducatsti grandstand at WSBK Brands

Dear All

Ducati UK would like to celebrate the Ducati passion felt in the UK for their motorcycles and of course their race teams by supporting the World Super Bike team at Brands Hatch on Sunday 5 August.


To do this we have been inspired by the Mugello fans and their creative grandstand choreography, see attached photo. But to do this we need the support of club members who are willing to buy an entrance ticket (advance price £34) and a Grandstand ticket at £27 from Ducati UK so we can allocate grandstand seating together.


From the Desire Wilson grandstand you get a great view of the start/finish straight and the spectacular Paddock Hill Bend always a great spot for the 1st lap! Across on the other side of the track is the big screen so giving us a view of the entire race as it happens.


In addition to spectacular viewing from the Desire Wilson grandstand we would also have a visit from the Xerox Team Riders to thank the Ducati fans for your support.


We are also looking at supplying a goodie bag to thank the fans for their support but this will depend on numbers attending, more details on this to follow.


Please let your club know IF you would be interested in participating in this exciting event and supporting our mutual passion of Ducati bikes, motorcycling and racing by Friday 1st June.





Regards

Mrs Bobbie Cowley
Events Coordinator
Ducati UK Ltd

motogp356_730.jpg


You have to register your interest through an official Ducati Club which UpNorth isn't. :(

The deal is that there is presently a grandstand booked for Ducati, accomodating 1000, which will probably be a mixture of Ducatisti and associates of Shell, Xerox, etc... This is the ideal numer required, but they may be able to get away with 800. Any less and it won't happen.
 
I'm missing WDW AND the BSB at Knockhill this year, so yeh I'd definately be up for this.

How do we go about becoming an official Ducati club by the way? Er I mean if that's what we want of course ;)
 
Last edited:
If they want a huge free advert then perhaps politely point out they can pay for the Grandstand ticket.

A goodie bag will be a puck, a sticker and a t-shirt that you wouldn't wear to wash the windows.

Cynical? Me? Yes!

I paid the money for the 'VIP' area at MotoGP last year. Bit of a joke.
 
If they want a huge free advert then perhaps politely point out they can pay for the Grandstand ticket.

Couldn't agree more!

Funnily enough, Scott and I were talking about this today......

They dont miss a trick these advertising execs!!!

But if Uncle Arnie Clark was to ask you Fergie.........what would you say??? :confused: :p
 
Couldn't agree more!

Funnily enough, Scott and I were talking about this today......

They dont miss a trick these advertising execs!!!

But if Uncle Arnie Clark was to ask you Fergie.........what would you say??? :confused: :p

Uncle Arnie, being the kind old soul he is, would pay all my expenses, fly me down and give me the day off work. Paid of course.

I'd say yes.;)

Ducati Uk however, would do none of the above, and might not even let me in because I have the cheek and audacity to ride an old model 999. So they can @@@@ right off. If they can find 1000 '1098 owners' they can do whatever they wish.

If they want to have me hold up a sign it'll be......

"@@@@ Off Ducati ! I'll never buy another one of your pieces of @@@@ "


Anyway. I'm busy that day. I got some hospitality tickets free from KTM.:D :D :D
 
Uncle Arnie, being the kind old soul he is, would pay all my expenses, fly me down and give me the day off work. Paid of course.

I'd say yes.;)

Ducati Uk however, would do none of the above, and might not even let me in because I have the cheek and audacity to ride an old model 999. So they can @@@@ right off. If they can find 1000 '1098 owners' they can do whatever they wish.

If they want to have me hold up a sign it'll be......

"@@@@ Off Ducati ! I'll never buy another one of your pieces of @@@@ "


Anyway. I'm busy that day. I got some hospitality tickets free from KTM.:D :D :D

See ya, pull the door on the way out http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/ ;)
 
Cynical? Me? Yes!

I paid the money for the 'VIP' area at MotoGP last year. Bit of a joke.

...The BSB Knockhill with mum's home made grub and the Ducati trailor stuffed with posh bits and the adorable Kerrie on hand to whip your credit card out of your hand as she fires one of her disarming smiles at you.....oh God, sorry I drifted off into my own sad little world just then.:o

anyway, the hospitality there last year will take alot of beating!!! :) :p
 
If they want a huge free advert then perhaps politely point out they can pay for the Grandstand ticket.

A goodie bag will be a puck, a sticker and a t-shirt that you wouldn't wear to wash the windows.

Cynical? Me? Yes!

I paid the money for the 'VIP' area at MotoGP last year. Bit of a joke.


Fergie I guess you mean the Ducati area at McCleans? This is not a VIP area it is just reserved for Ducatisti, in fact anyone can buy a ticket from Ducati.com

Guess you didn't get invited to meet the riders then? From 2005 MGP Donny :D

IMG_2346.jpg


IMG_2344.jpg




Would I be interested in WSB hell yes, it's a great day out
 
I agree with PJI. Martins and his Mum do the very best day out on the go. The home cooking and trackside spot are tops. And you get to stare at Kerrie all day long!
As for meeting the riders? I went for the dinner with James Toseland, also organised by Martin, and got to sit with the guy all night chatting about all and sundry.
These two experiences are unrivalled so far.

You actually look a little starstruck there Freak? :D
 
Back
Top Bottom