Ducatis you've sold and wish you hadn't

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
Some will always get sellers remorse and hold onto the wish possibly to buy back what they've sold.

Which Ducati/s did you own that you sold then wish you hadn't and why would you want them back?
 
S4 and S4rs monsters

Both were nice in their own way and should have been keepers.

Hindsight eh.
 
The 1978 black and gold 900SS that I bought from Coburn & Hughes in Jan 1979. I kept it for 12 years then needlessly sold it when we were looking to buy a house. That bike, reg. no. YRO 450S, was the very first pre-production black and gold model sent over to Coburn & Hughes for assessment. These bikes were initially aimed at the UK market. It hasn't been on the DVLA radar since about 1994.
 
Regrets:
  • Yellow 900SS bought new from M&S Motorcycles in 1997. I replaced it with a Cagiva Gran Canyon (with a 900ssie engine), which although it was a fine bike, it just wasn't as nice as an SS. There's a yellow carbie 900SS on ebay right now that I've been eyeing up. I probably don't need it though. Probably.
  • Red 748R (sold to fund a Benelli Tornado RS, which was fun and another regret when I sold it..)
  • Red 900SS bought as a resto project.
  • Red '91 851 bought as a resto/engine rebuild project.
  • Red 999 - I didn't think I'd miss this fugly ducker, but it was sweet on the road.
Some of the "didn't regrets":
  • 888 Strada - I replaced it with my SP5, so wasn't unhappy to see it move on
  • 1098 - nice bike, but didn't really get on with it on the road

All others were just "meh", not worried either way :)
 
I read that as ‘wish you’d never had’

I wish I’d never had that orange monster 750 it was an orride ride
1630336413926.png
 
Last edited:
Only sold 2 Ducati’s - a 999S that was replaced by a 999R and a Streetfighter 1098S that I’m happy is with a happy new owner 😇 I’m not greedy 😊
 
Always regretted selling my SF1098 back in 2011 or thereabouts, vowed to get another at some point.
As you know I bought the lunatics one early in the year, very happy I am with it.
 
Foggy Rep and the 996R that came next. Found the 996R again about 2 yrs ago and it had only done around 1500 miles since I sold it in 2003.
Tried to buy it again but someone beat me to it.
 
my 350 single cafe racer and the 200 elite with a 350 engine.

Both worth silly money now and the cafe racer brings back memories of 1978 summer nights stripping frames and hearing the complete Spirit future games lp on sounds of the seventies and much more.. Also regret not buying a 450 scrambler and 450 desmo which would have been about £150 a pop!!!!
 
Christ. That looks Mint!
Sorry 🤐
I think the picture is a little deceptive there as it was a well used bike , 42000 miles on the clock when I sold it. Still a lovely thing though, one of those bikes that you turn round to look at and smile when you`ve just got off after a good ride. Oh well.....
 
Back
Top Bottom