Ducati Glasgow Knockhill Track-Evening, Monday 26th June 6pm - 8pm

yer me too!! Spoke to Martin this morning, and he has ordered good weather for us!!!

I did a Solstice ritual dance around some standing stones near where I live yesterday to the sun god for a good summers day on Monday.

...the above sentance should read:

I pranced around the gravel drive yesterday in the hope of attracting some sun - unsuccessfully!
:o
 
...Do you remember seeing Billy Connolly's World Tour of Scotland where he does a naked dance around the standing stones on Orkney; well if you can imagine that with a younger more handsome geezer - then you're almost there.

...hense no pictures!!! :D :D ;)
 
Will I get rid of those Chicken strips at Knockhill on Monday? ;)
 
...got a brand new (scrubbed in) pair of Soft/meduim Pilot Power Race hoops on my track wheels that have been waiting for an opportunity to get nice and hot and sticky!! Yum Yum! :rolleyes:
 
Right, got a good number now, we're not full but got a good turnout and the track won't be too busy.

Just a wee note, we're closed on Monday so if anyone wants any details on the trackday, remember we are open tomorrow 9am - 5pm and Sunday 12pm - 4pm if there are any last minute questions!

Mart:D
 
hey martin,does "as part of our customer commitment" really mean i can save some money by getting 40 other people to chip in rather than hiring the track by myself, by any chance. if it does that is really clever thinking. once again im impressed. kind of beats my "anybody want to go halfers on a packet of crisps?";) ;) ;)
 
gordj65 said:
hey martin,does "as part of our customer commitment" really mean i can save some money by getting 40 other people to chip in rather than hiring the track by myself, by any chance. if it does that is really clever thinking. once again im impressed. kind of beats my "anybody want to go halfers on a packet of crisps?";) ;) ;)

You've been on the game pills again havn't u:D
 
Can I ask a really dumb ass new boy question...is there some kind of track rule that says I need to wear one piece leathers? :o :o :o
 
eonan,

I 'ope not as I have two piece leathers!!! ;)

From my track experience as long as your leathers are zipped together that is acceptable. I think common sense comes into play here really, it can be a dangerous place if you are not equiped with the right kit! :)
 
ProjectImola004 said:
as long as your leathers are zipped together that is acceptable. I think common sense comes into play here really, it can be a dangerous place if you are not equiped with the right kit! :)

Too true!!

As long as you are wearing reasonably good quality (ie not full of holes and knackered!!) leather jacket & jeans and they zip together, ok boots, gloves and approved helmet, that is considered safe & acceptable!:)

The marshalls will give you a quick once over as you pass them on to the track.

I can't wait now, weather's looking very promising indeed!!

See you all there. :)

Mart:D
 
After today, it looks like we could be very nearly full, the weather really brings em out!!

As we are closed tomorrow (Monday) anyone with last minute requirements can call Jemma at Knockhill.

She's really nice and helps out at all our events and will pass on any messages to me if needs be.

Ok see you all there. Next one's on the 19th of July if you cant make this one.

Mart:D
 
ah bollocks, I forgot you where closed on Monday... I was hoping to come along to this one, or am i too late, might hone Gemma and c what she says... ore if any of the glasgow laot are on , let me know please :)

mike
 
Thanks to Martin and Ducati Glasgow for another great track evening at Knockhill !. Perfect weather for riding and also the chance to meet up with a few familiar faces again. Put out the word about UpNorth as a few guys hadn't heard of it. The most stunning bike there has to be ProjectImola's Baines special - photos don't do it justice.
 
what a bike ehh david !

Great track night !

i want 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie it was good meeting you m8

/ian
 
Gentlemen; you flatter me!!! ;)

...I got home at 12.15am to a hot chocolate and perfect night up here. It topped off a great evening down 'saaaf' with you guys.
I am very proud of my Duc and know 1. that it is a brilliant bike & 2. that I know how to ride it, but I get very embarrassed when people tell me (don't do compliments very well! :o ) But thanks anyway. I too thought it was great to finally put a face to some of the names I see here on this forum.
I think the funniest thing I heard all evening was weeian's comment "I thought you were some OLD C*nt up there on the Black Isle!" I guess proprioters of B&Bs do have this image don't they!!!! :D

I didn't take any pictures - anybody???


I've already done it, but thanks to Martin once again for a great evening!
 
Frankie did we meet? I spoke to so many people last night and all their names have gone :o
 
Well that was just a fantastic night!!:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Everybody had a brilliant time, the weather was just perfect and although the evening was full, everyone gave each other loads of room and the night went off just perfectly.

There were also a fair few spectators there soaking up the atmosphere!:)

A big thanks to everybody that made the effort to come along especially borderduc and Project, as they travelled a fair way to be there.

It's that kind of effort that helps keep the group together, thanks ever so much guys.:hail: :hail:

So the next one is on July 19th, just after the BSB round there, so the track will be covered in rubber and just pefect for us so don't miss it.

Once again thanks to everyone that came along, a brilliant time had by all.

Mart:D
 
Sounds like you all had a great night, I'm really sorry to have missed it...especially as it took a while to pluck up the courage to decide to come along! I'm aiming for the next one though, so fingers crossed :thumbs:
 
...I got rid of my chicken strips on both sets of wheels !!!! ;)

still says chicken strips on my avatar!! ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom