Ducati 250 Mk3 in bits

SteveThackery

New member
Colleagues,

I wasn't sure where to post my request for advice. I've created a post in the 'For Sale / Wanted' forum describing a 250 Mk3 I have in bits - please see the thread 'Ducati 250 Mk3 in bits' for details (awaiting moderation).

Although it's marked "For Sale" I really wanted to find out first whether it's the sort of thing anyone might want, or whether I should weigh it in for scrap. It's been in boxes for 35+ years and is in pretty poor condition.

Is it worth trying to sell it, do you think? I'd rather an enthusiast have it than the scrap man, obviously.
 
I 'll give you tenner Steve ;)
Seriously, I think you'll have no problem selling it, even as boxes of bits. There is quite a market for the singles now. If you have no takers, and I'm sure you will, PM me and I'll think about it.
 
Hi all,

Sorry for the delay - the moderator has just approved my post in the For Sale section, but removed all the photos. Maybe I did something wrong.

Anyway, I've posted some links to the photos so you can see what I'm talking about - take a look before making any offers! :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6d9x7iq6d1z6gqn/1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v255kd7sb3rzc6w/2.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4mscor3ma76pur/3.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/trv9jleoake5vzg/4.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdyt518wam264tc/5.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/354o66cmr9h535b/6.jpg?dl=0
 
Last edited:
Thank you for all the advice offered. In fact - to my surprise - it has been bought this afternoon, and is going to be a project for a young female engineering student. I'm pleased it's going to a good cause, and if she gets it roadworthy she'll love riding it!

Thanks again - another single rescued from the scrap yard. :)
 
Back
Top Bottom