DSC / Cornerspeed - SS & SL Gathering - Sat 29th July - Open Invite.

iconic944ss

Elite Member
DSC / Cornerspeed - SS & SL Gathering - Report + pics

Hi,

Following a recent 8 series gathering at Cornerspeed that I was well miffed at missing - I've set the ball rolling for a SuperSport and Superlight gathering and Nelly has kindly allowed the abuse of his facilities again.

Open invite for all really but, the focus of the event is around SS's (of all sizes ) and SL / FE's.

Meet time is from 12 noon onwards.

Basic Map and route planning option for Cornerspeed in Nottingham is here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...E&ie=UTF8&om=1

and if you've not heard of Cornerspeed - the drinks are on you
wink.gif



http://www.cornerspeed.co.uk


Original post and updates on the DSC weblink below

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/showthread.php?t=33235


Kind Regards - Frank.
 
Last edited:
I've never heard of Cornerspeed but I would have liked to go to this event. I am however a fair few tankfuls of petrol away - shame.
 
Frank, I'll have a double Glenmorangie and whatever you want.
I wondered whether I would qualify anyway as I only have a 900ss motor!!
 
Just chatted to Neil at Cornerspeed and he's as busy as anything but looking forward to as many 2V's (and others) turning up this Saturday as possible.
Can anyone fix some sunshine for us that would be good ;)

Cheers - Frank
 
looks like the big man upstairs might arrange some nice weather after all!

After the farce of failing to find Squires last Saturday - I'm going to try again tomorrow and have a cuppa at about 9:30, with the aim of getting to Cornerspeed for around 11/11:30

I'd thought of calling into the Yorkshire show on the way back - but not sure about that yet.

Enjoy the weekend anyways ;)

Frank
 
What a great day out.

I blasted straight down to Cornerspeed as I thought I should really get there as early as poss since I set the wheels in motion for the meet!

A brace of 7/9 series bikes were already there and Neil greeted me and was obviously proud to have the legendary "BlooDuke" on display (in the first pic), which he fired up later and sounded awesome, especially inside a building.

A few 2V's were already there - Colin (Ziggi) from the 900SL.com site + Herb and shortly after Andy900ss and Chi appeared to be welcomed into the hallowed hall.

Lisa also made a modelling appearance and then Judi turned up on her Yellow SuperLight just to prove how nice and different they really do look.

It was good to kick ideas and modifications around with owners of similar machines; I was most impressed with Chi's STM clutch slave which has convinced me I need to uprate mine to make the action lighter.

Sadly, the time flew by and peeps had to drift away to return to 'normality' - I was one of the last to leave but I was desperate to finally find Squires Cafe on the way home - which I did, at last!

Canny place - sign posting is naff and I rode straight past! Quite busy even for Sat teatime and it looked like the Bandit owners club were having a rally of some sort. Some trade stands and a mobile Dyno were there, making a good noise on the few bikes I heard. I couldn't resist a coffee and a newly baked pastie and enjoyed the nicely chilled atmosphere - there was only one other Duke that I could see in the place but, I'll definately return now I know where its at.

The weather just couldn't help its self and had to rain lightly on the outskirts of Cleveland but, I didnt even bother to stop to don waterproofs - just wound him up to ***mph and enjoyed the ride.

264 mile round trip today and every ride is feeling easier now however, all these motorway are starting to square off the back tyre......time for a trackday me thinks.

Many thanks to Neil for letting us meet at Cornerspeed - top bloke!

Thanks as well to all that turned up, nice one.

Cheers - Frank

IMG_0469%20%28Medium%29.JPG


A fitting tribute to a departed friend - "BlooDuke"

IMG_0470%20%28Medium%29.JPG


A lovely pair ! - Colin (Ziggi) from www.900sl.com and a sweet 750ss

IMG_0471%20%28Medium%29.JPG


And the Sun shone!

IMG_0472%20%28Medium%29.JPG


Canny turn out for such a nice Saturday.

IMG_0473%20%28Medium%29.JPG


Andy's throaty sounding modern SS turned up for the fun

IMG_0474%20%28Medium%29.JPG


Superclean - Superlight

IMG_0475%20%28Medium%29.JPG


Lisa Lusts after more Ducati's for her collection.

IMG_0476%20%28Medium%29.JPG


Chi and Andy discuss 'manly' issues......

IMG_0477%20%28Medium%29.JPG


Judi's immaculate yellow SL proves how striking the colour can be.

IMG_0478%20%28Medium%29.JPG


Judi and Lisa share a joke about ???? (I dare not ask).

 
Back
Top Bottom