steve748 said:Something that has crossed my mind watching the MotoGP and the TV cameras on the bikes is that the gearbox is the opposite to a roadbike in that there is a neutral and then six gears going down, so will the road going version have 1023456 going up? As it is a cassette type gearbox then will it be relatively easy to put the 'right' type in? Are the WSB like the bikes in the showroom or like the GP gearboxes? Maybe this is why so few professional riders don't ride on the road.![]()
steve748 said:Now I have thought of it, it stands to reason It won't matter how the gear change spline is moved, so long as it's moved in the right direction
Martin Ducati Glasgow said:You've just won a gold star mate!! Extra sweeties in yer pack lunch today now!!:lol2:
Freak said:Steve wait to you start riding with both configurations![]()
![]()
![]()
My 999 is race shift 1 up 5 down and the KTM is road shift 1 down 5 up, makes for interesting times![]()
MartinH said:I wondered why you kept falling behind yesterday![]()
Freak said:Steve wait to you start riding with both configurations![]()
![]()
![]()
My 999 is race shift 1 up 5 down and the KTM is road shift 1 down 5 up, makes for interesting times![]()
ProjectImola004 said:The other thing (on thread theme) is that now I have seen many pics of the RR, I would have prefered to have seen it in the Capirossi Italian GP colours of red, white and green. - wow!!!
ProjectImola004 said:I do however recall once while riding my RG500, I started a ride with 1 up then 5 down, then it went 1 up then 4 down, and so on until I heard a crunch sound and found that most of the gearbox had made a hastie exit into the belly pan after 2nd gear decided to blow itself apart!!!![]()