DesmoDue

Andy Mack

New member
Hello,

So this year I have started (or about to start) racing in the DesmoDue race series. This will be my first time trying racing (might also do some Scottish mini-twins too for practice) so thought I'd write a blog about how im getting on. www.mackintoshracing.com I am missing the first 2 rounds this weekend to do my ACU License but will hopefully make my début at cadwell park in April.

Andy
 
Well done Andy, I had a quick look at your blog, please keep 'em coming!

I help out on the DSC from time to time (Still!) and the DesmoDue boys are a cracking crowd, always willing to help and offer advice.

Kevin Ellis has been key to the series even before it first ran and what he does not know about the 600's really isnt worth knowing - he posts fun updates on FB.

Good luck and Ride Fast! (usually thats 'safe' ;) )
 
Good on you mate,

See you on track soon


Cheer G33
Hello,

So this year I have started (or about to start) racing in the DesmoDue race series. This will be my first time trying racing (might also do some Scottish mini-twins too for practice) so thought I'd write a blog about how im getting on. www.mackintoshracing.com I am missing the first 2 rounds this weekend to do my ACU License but will hopefully make my début at cadwell park in April.

Andy
 
Well done Andy, I had a quick look at your blog, please keep 'em coming!

I help out on the DSC from time to time (Still!) and the DesmoDue boys are a cracking crowd, always willing to help and offer advice.

Kevin Ellis has been key to the series even before it first ran and what he does not know about the 600's really isnt worth knowing - he posts fun updates on FB.

Good luck and Ride Fast! (usually thats 'safe' ;) )

Yeah Kevin has been a really great help. When I was buying the spare wheels for the wets I just sent him a list of wheels on ebay and asked him for advice. So helpful to get you all sorted. and Brian Alexander has been good too. Think me and him are going to be doing a bit of Van sharing (or him taking my bike in his van) so that will help with costs.


G33 you might see me at East Fortune on the Saturday if you are there. That could be my first race in mini-twins where I am fully expecting to get killed but will hopefully be a good warm up for Cadwell. The first corner pile in is kind of terrifying me right now haha.
 
http://www.mackintoshracing.com/2016/03/21/sacu-license-day/

Just wrote how I got on. Got the license. Was a good day. I wasnt riding too great tho. Never been round East Fortune and was being a bit of a chicken on some of the cornes. Did get faster throughout the day, and we did 2 practice starts which was good. Think I got the right amount of throttle to get it moving off the line without wheeling too much.

There was a girl there doing her license who had 2 crashes. Not the best of days for her, but fair play getting back on the bike after crashing the first time. second time looked a bit worse but was told she was ok.
 
Very good, I enjoyed those!

A trick I was told for new tyres, that I still use to this day is to spray them with Brake Cleaner - yes really! When rubbed with a clean rag, it flashes off and brings lots of the tyre release agent with it.

Well done for surviving Cadwell. All seasons in one day...
 
yeah Brian Alexander did that for me at East Fortune.

Starting to learn the tricks of the trade on how to superglue the bike back together to get it out. ducktape and lockwire are essentials lol
 
Andy, Desmoduo twins a are running with the CB500's at east fortune which do similar lap times to the 600 Ducati's and is less lairey than the super twins class. Entry Central is now open for the July meeting.

Ill be there, #32 on a CB if yer going say hello. Hopefully by September I'll have my 800SS in stock twins but knowing how fast I work maybe not.......
 
Unfortunately I cant make East Fortune. Coaching an American Football game on the Saturday in Coventry.

Bit gutted hopefully will make one of the later races either at East Fortune or Knockhill.

So you can race an 800cc Ducati in Mini-Twins? What kind of power does that get?
 
Unfortunately I cant make East Fortune. Coaching an American Football game on the Saturday in Coventry.

Bit gutted hopefully will make one of the later races either at East Fortune or Knockhill.

So you can race an 800cc Ducati in Mini-Twins? What kind of power does that get?

72, bang on the button, totally minitwin legal- the bike is well documented on this here fine website
 
Yes, 03/04 SS has same engine, same ECU, same digital clock set and same PCIII. Only difference is airbox shape.
 
Nice read, thanks
Well done on your new fast lap times, hope you get your head around your issues before donnington, and good luck!
:thumbs:
 
Donington should be interesting because ive never been there but on the 620 ducati's all the corners are very fast which suits me. So hopefully i can get some good results. I cant wait for i already!
 
thanks. starting to get a lot more confident on the bike and racing. I'm also riding with a bit in reserve too. I think realistically Anglesey is my best chance at a podium this year.
 
Back
Top Bottom