CFM's 1250 TRG tourer

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
It is built in cooperation with KTM and uses KTM's 1290 engine but looks very much towards bmw's RT styling. This is cfm's home site, it's in chinese but auto translate should be your friend here
20210915092336.jpg


 
Why not just drive a car? I never got the whole touring thing. So much effort goes into comfort, but you must give up: storage space, environmental control, actual comfort and safety. I mean you have a freaking windscreen, totally defeating the purpose of open air motorcycling. Most come with a reverse gear even.

It’s just me though, not hating, just not understanding.
 
For me it was about the group I was with, the laughs, the freedoms, the sillyness of it all but also often was done whilst following wsb/moto gp around europe and the U.K.. In many ways it was my mobile man cave moment and many of them.
 
Last edited:
Agree with Noobs, it's about the enjoyment of being with your mates as a group, with all the good and not so good times. On a tour you have fun and a little sillyness riding, cant do that with 20 of your friends in cars!
I must admit tho, mostly we all book hotels, inns, b and b's these days, on occasion however we have been know to wild camp.
 
It is built in cooperation with KTM and uses KTM's 1290 engine but looks very much towards bmw's RT styling. This is cfm's home site, it's in chinese but auto translate should be your friend here
20210915092336.jpg


You know what, that is quite easy on the eye, we can all see the Chinese have got their styling cues from ze Germans, but it's more.
An Austrian / Chinese hybrid that actually looks the business. I'd have a testy on one.
 
Why not just drive a car? I never got the whole touring thing. So much effort goes into comfort, but you must give up: storage space, environmental control, actual comfort and safety. I mean you have a freaking windscreen, totally defeating the purpose of open air motorcycling. Most come with a reverse gear even.

It’s just me though, not hating, just not understanding.
Have you tried one ?
Sports bikes aside which are too painful for me these days I like to try all types as they can all be fun, just in different ways. There`s something nice about siting on a comfy seat in still air listening to radio 4, eating your marmalade on toast while riding a mile muncher. Just ask @Barry Hell , last year he bought a Honda Pan`s Labyrinth and I believe he has taken it as far as the local coffee shop and stepped off the bike with barely an ache in his body.
 
Have you tried one ?
Sports bikes aside which are too painful for me these days I like to try all types as they can all be fun, just in different ways. There`s something nice about siting on a comfy seat in still air listening to radio 4, eating your marmalade on toast while riding a mile muncher. Just ask @Barry Hell , last year he bought a Honda Pan`s Labyrinth and I believe he has taken it as far as the local coffee shop and stepped off the bike with barely an ache in his body.
About 120 miles in one day with Mrs Hell on the back, neither required a chiropractor after the event. Excellent coffee in Ballater too ☕👍😁

No reverse gear though 😳
 
Anyone know the price?

In the second link at the bottom is shows this

In China, the asking price for the bike is 99,980 Chinese Yuan, which translates to around £12,000. When export/import costs are accounted for, it might be more reasonable to expect something around £13,500 (Motorrad expect 16,000€).
 
Have you tried one ?
Sports bikes aside which are too painful for me these days I like to try all types as they can all be fun, just in different ways. There`s something nice about siting on a comfy seat in still air listening to radio 4, eating your marmalade on toast while riding a mile muncher. Just ask @Barry Hell , last year he bought a Honda Pan`s Labyrinth and I believe he has taken it as far as the local coffee shop and stepped off the bike with barely an ache in his body.
No, not yet. I’m thinking an adventure type may be next if I get another moto, having the option to ride off road interests me at the moment. I have several criteria/preferences that are hard stops. Size/weight is a big one, I don’t care to have to struggle pushing one of those around if I had to. Comfort is not on my list today, but I expect it will be soon enough.
 
Why not just drive a car? I never got the whole touring thing. So much effort goes into comfort, but you must give up: storage space, environmental control, actual comfort and safety. I mean you have a freaking windscreen, totally defeating the purpose of open air motorcycling. Most come with a reverse gear even.

It’s just me though, not hating, just not understanding.


Why do folks ride trails bikes, when they might as well drive a tractor?

😜
 
Back
Top Bottom