Centopassi

Every year I say I'm going to do it and never do. Read many reports on Multistrada.net over the years and it sounds like its a top event. Theres 2 classes The competition one and The Iron biker one which is basically for people that want to do the route but not actually compete. The routes are changed every year and this years route was interesting for me as I have done much of it over various trips.

Go to the website for details of prices etc.
 
is that 700 euro plus gas plus travel there and back - approx? do you reckon about 700 quid the trip then? could be on for that. Right, who wants to buy mountain bikes? Good discounts for DuN members! :D I'll also carry your stickers on my bike! :D
 
Its probably not that bad really for 4* hotel/breakfast/dinner for 4 nights? Mechanical breakdown/insurance etc included as well. You would have to allow for 2 days there and the same back unless you were into doing motorway there and back? You can probably work it out to about 8 days away maybe a little more. Factor in the ferry/tunnel etc and it all adds up. Would be a great trip though. With fuel / ferry etc I imagine it to be between £800 and £1000 for 8 or 9 days. That would be a lot for just the 4 day event but not so bad if you turn it into a 8 or 9 day biking holiday.

I'm up for it, I would think it would be a good do if a few of us could make it and just do the Iron biker/non competition class. Be good if we could get 4 to 8 of us together for it.
 
yes about what I reckoned you would say - make a proper holiday out of it with Centopassi thrown in. Better start saving then........:) shall we be going as a DuN team then?
 
Anyone else interested? Next years event and routes will be on site in October (ish). Can start making proper plans later in the year. I suppose the easiest way for us upnorthers would be Hull-Zeebrugge then a blast on autoroute through the more boring bits of northern France then off onto the twisties. Getting there and back will be almost as much fun as the event itself.

I really do want to do it next year and the fact that others might do it as well will only spur me on to get organised.

A weeks biking in France is heaven anyway but chuck the Centopassi in and it would be pretty special.
 
Freak, will they allow you on a KTM?

This is the sort of stuff they do. We did a lot in the area this year where its held.
 
Last edited:
I think any bike is allowed Shaun but for the blue ribband stuff it has to be a Ducati, I've got some Corse badges at home do you think that would fool them?
 
Freak said:
I think any bike is allowed Shaun but for the blue ribband stuff it has to be a Ducati, I've got some Corse badges at home do you think that would fool them?

Have they changed the rules now?-when i did the first one in 2003 you could do it on anything-the winner was on a 600 Hornet
 
I'm very interested Martin. :hail:

Am I mistaken but wasn't there another thread a few weeks ago on Centopassi but involving trucks to get us there and the Scots lads having access to trucks and us paying them to take us down?
 
Martin any update on this? Have you confirmed?

Is Pete still going?

Anyone else up for it?

:D :D :D :p
 
Three things:

1. Isn't WDW next year? delayed from this year.
2. I think they will hire you a bike if you need one.
3. Exactly 30 pages in and very nice indeed, worth going just for that. Don't tell the wife. :p
 
overipe&keen said:
I'm very interested Martin. :hail:

Am I mistaken but wasn't there another thread a few weeks ago on Centopassi but involving trucks to get us there and the Scots lads having access to trucks and us paying them to take us down?
The truck access was going to be for WDW I think. Both sound good - nice to do both if possible? :) You changed your avatar!
 
Back
Top Bottom