Cadwell Park

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mad Dash
  • Start date Start date
M

Mad Dash

Just visiting
Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th June is the Sporting Club:eek: track days at Cadwell, I've booked for that, who else ???

Martin, Kenny, Gordon, anyone else... We've got this one sussed, awnings, BBQ's, beer fridge, normal fridge, generators, the LOT... if you're gonna do it, do it right.
 
If you leave the bollictics aside it is a great couple of days on track, not sure how many of the old guard will be there but I have had some cracking times at the event, once with Gizmo and it was my first trackday, I think I did 2 x 2 dayers aswell, all good fun.

All I would say is if you normally run middle inters perhaps go up to fast for the first Ducati only day.

Have fun !
 
There's a good many going on the Monday at least from Yorkshire. I'm there for the two days.
Just hope the weather is decent or DUK aren't too keen to let their bikes out for a thrash.......er I mean test ride:D on track.

Ray
 
I'll be there in my usual photo-man guise trying to keep up with you all.

Praying for dry weather for you all and hoping for some good knee-down action (or airbourne action in Martin R's case :) )
 
I'll be there.Wobbling around on my Dinosaur SP5 as usual!As stated,politics aside,it's a fantastic couple of days.
 
POLITICS :confused::confused::confused: How the heck can there be politics on a track / bike club FFS..don't know, don't want to know.

Gordon Brown was once interested in politics - look where that got him
 
Dont you have to join the DSC to participate in this,... I think thats your answer Stuart,there are a number of ex DSC members here.
Before your time in red perhaps.:)
 
I think DSC membership is added when you pay for the TD. used to be £25, reckon its the only way they keep some members, either way it is a great couple of days !
 
Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th June is the Sporting Club:eek: track days at Cadwell, I've booked for that, who else ???

Martin, Kenny, Gordon, anyone else... We've got this one sussed, awnings, BBQ's, beer fridge, normal fridge, generators, the LOT... if you're gonna do it, do it right.

Well done guys, I hope you have a safe and enjoyable time at Cadwell.

There has been an excellent uptake for the Monday (Ducati only). I'm told forms are still coming in but obviously some riders might choose to wait for a better idea of the weather.

Best wishes - Frank
 
Dont you have to join the DSC to participate in this,... I think thats your answer Stuart,there are a number of ex DSC members here.
Before your time in red perhaps.:)

:rolleyes: sorry, no time AT ALL for this. Committees the world over, whether it be golf, bikes, whatever - should be banned. I remember reading an article on the American Billionaire that owned one of the prestigious courses in the US. He was criticised by the UK Golf Magazine for not operating with a committee and this was his reply....

"No, I firmly believe that all clubs should be run by committee and that this should be an ODD NUMBER and that number should never exceed ONE !!!"
 
There has been an excellent uptake for the Monday (Ducati only). I'm told forms are still coming in but obviously some riders might choose to wait for a better idea of the weather.

Best wishes - Frank

Frank - I have no contact details, sent the form by fax as requested and heard nothing since... could you PM me with contact details if you have them, thanks

Stuart
 
POLITICS :confused::confused::confused: How the heck can there be politics on a track / bike club FFS..don't know, don't want to know.

Gordon Brown was once interested in politics - look where that got him

It was this very trackday event that sparked off a huge concern within the DSC. Rumbled on for a very long time and eventually all but saw the DSC's demise. EGM's, potential fraud investigations, public "outings", threats of legal action, resignations, new forums, etc etc etc. Just ask around. I wasn't in it but followed the saga closely. Like a top ranking soap opera it was. :D
 
Pete, thanks for the heads up, but honestly I couldn't care less, for me this is meant to be FUN, an escape from the politics and ego massaging of daily business - when it follows me on the bike, time to sell the bike. I play a lot of golf, but hate with an absolute passion the cr@p that surrounds clubs and the pretentious @rseholes that thrive on the perceived power of being on a committee, I think these people are the biggest w@nkers on the surface of the planet.

Hopefully see you at Cadwell :)
 
Are you riding down Guido? I may keep you company if so.

Hi Pete,

Nah, I'm off in the van/mobile hotel. Will head off sometime Sunday mid-to-late afternoon.

Let me know if there's anything you want hauling over and I can stick it in the van to save you lugging it (fuel etc)....

Gc
 
....... pretentious @rseholes that thrive on the perceived power of being on a committee, I think these people are the biggest w@nkers on the surface of the planet

Thank you so much for the lovely, thoughtful comments. I'm sure the other SDC committe members will appreciate them as much as I have. It's always good to know how the members feel about the effort we put in.

I may be mistaken, but weren't you on a committee recently?
 
Thank you so much for the lovely, thoughtful comments. I'm sure the other SDC committe members will appreciate them as much as I have. It's always good to know how the members feel about the effort we put in.

I may be mistaken, but weren't you on a committee recently?

If you're going to quote me Mary quote me in context please :mad: - "PRETENTIOUS @RSEHOLES, and people that thrive on the perceived power of being in a commitee" was the phrase I used and referred to as the people I can't stand... which I can't, and stand by that comment. Can you refer me please to where I commented that statement applied to ANY person associated with SDC ???? The previous sentence referred to Golf Clubs, and where such is RIFE and Davie and WeeIan will no doubt agree.

I don't like for ONE SECOND the reference that the hard work done by yourself, Scott, Lynn, Davie etc etc is not appreciated. :mad::mad:

All of a sudden I can see CLEARLY what Dave is referring to.
 
If you're going to quote me Mary quote me in context please :mad: - "PRETENTIOUS @RSEHOLES, and people that thrive on the perceived power of being in a commitee" was the phrase I used and referred to as the people I can't stand... which I can't, and stand by that comment. Can you refer me please to where I commented that statement applied to ANY person associated with SDC ???? The previous sentence referred to Golf Clubs, and where such is RIFE and Davie and WeeIan will no doubt agree.

I don't like for ONE SECOND the reference that the hard work done by yourself, Scott, Lynn, Davie etc etc is not appreciated. :mad::mad:

All of a sudden I can see CLEARLY what Dave is referring to.

I quite like Committee's actually. Their sterling work should be applauded !!

:stir: :stir: :stir:
 
I quite like Committee's actually. Their sterling work should be applauded !!

:stir: :stir: :stir:

'kin honestly, trust you !!! :D But you're right of course, I agree, read the post again... Did it refer to any person related to SDC - NO, IT DIDN'T... :confused:

Anyway, enough said on this topic.
 
Committees the world over, whether it be golf, bikes, whatever - should be banned.

Sorry if I misunderstood but I thought it was an ongoing theme, following the quote above, and didn't realise your comments were aimed only at Golf committees.

I'm delighted to hear the SDC is not included.:D
 
:OT: Can we get back onto Cadwell please.

Understand now that a strict 105db is in place and that a track walk is organised for 7.30pm on the SUNDAY. Given the weather forecast that might well be the fastest lap....
 
I'll be there both days so it will be good to see you all (well those of you attending!).

Go on Pete, go for it, you know it makes sense!

Ian
 
:OT: Can we get back onto Cadwell please.

Hi Stuart,

I think you've had confirmation of your place now - generally if the monies have been drawn on your cheque / cc; then your in anyway!

105db is correct as I understand it, just warm the bike up completely & rev it a little less than is asked for, you should be fine ;)

'Politics' is all well and fine in the right place IMHO, there is a members AGM on the monday night in the club house as its the best way of getting sufficient numbers of peeps together in a nice location, if you'd dont want to do it - dont.

I still wish I was going but sadly, cant - I had the best time 2 years ago hooning around on all the Ducati test bikes that were brought along (book up very early gents, if you want to play!)

Once again - have a great time, play safe, ride fast and come back with some good piccies.

Kind Regards - Frank
 
Back
Top Bottom