Brake Pipe Change

CAT3

Subscriber
Thought it was about time I replaced the original front brake hoses on my '94 750SS. So got the parts & made them up today. I decided to go for quick release, or dry break couplings on the calipers just because it makes it really easy when wheel/tyre removal/changing & it puts an end to the need to suspend the calipers from tyraps/string/wire while the wheel is out.

Before,
DSCN3929.JPG

And after,
DSCN3934.JPG

Thought it was about time I replaced the original front brake hoses on my '94 750SS. So got the parts & made them up today. I decided to go for quick release, or dry break couplings on the calipers just because it makes it really easy when wheel/tyre removal/changing & it puts an end to the need to suspend the calipers from tyraps/string/wire while the wheel is out.

Before,
View attachment 15279
And after,
View attachment 15281
They do look good mate, me personally I would be thinking air bubbles and yanking on me anchors frequently, trying to feel if their a little spongy!

This type of quick release fitting is used in most forms of motorsport these days, they allow very quick component changes to take place without the need for re-bleeding the system, be it brakes, engine oil, etc. Providing you use good quality parts then there shouldn't be any issues .............. 🤞🤣

This type of quick release fitting is used in most forms of motorsport these days, they allow very quick component changes to take place without the need for re-bleeding the system, be it brakes, engine oil, etc. Providing you use good quality parts then there shouldn't be any issues .............. 🤞🤣
I was looking at Stäubli as we dealt a lot with them for robotics where I worked - they were ridiculously expensive even with our 30% discount and I couldn't even get any free ones even with my charm :oops: and our spend with them was into the Millions on Robotics. What make did you go for?

I was looking at Stäubli as we dealt a lot with them for robotics where I worked - they were ridiculously expensive even with our 30% discount and I couldn't even get any free ones even with my charm :oops: and our spend with them was into the Millions on Robotics. What make did you go for?
Staubli are tight as arseholes with stuff like that. It comes from having some huge stateside aerospace contracts.

You pay premium for that NAS / MilSpec certification.

I’ve gone for torques.co.uk stuff.
Alex is a good guy to deal with and hel performance source from him as well.

his stuff is a direct er... fitment with staubli, but costs the same to do the whole bike as it does to do one caliper with staubli.

The best thing about them is that especially if you’re swapping out calipers or master cylinders for say a test you can have pre built assemblies or just bleed all your hydraulics on a test bench before fitting up.
We used to have racks of calipers ready, and a pad change on testing was a whole caliper change with the fresh caliper going on while the old caliper got a full clean up and pad change every session.

Who’s dry breaks did you use @CAT3 ?
Like Sev says, I too use Torques in Swansea. Good quality kit & Alex is always very helpful, if you need advice and/or help.
I've used these quick release fittings on my son's EVO9 when we fitted some big Baer front calipers/discs a few years ago & I've also got them on the new bobber I currently building.
Obviously "normal" banjo's swaged on to hose are far cheaper & swaged joints are by far the neatest looking ends, but for ease of removal of calipers these fittings are great & well blingworthy.

Back