Bikes

  • Thread starter Thread starter ProjectImola004
  • Start date Start date
rockjock620 said:
Yes Gordon I sort of remember him. Where and what are he and Usport doing now?

they were windsurf importers ( as was most of the uk mtb industry, ATBsales, l lakes, Stif etc), haven't seen them for years but i think they still import boards and kitesurf as well, got some Neil Pride kit of them a few years ago.
 
rockjock620 said:
rice pudding flavoured condoms strong enough for rimmming! Bring it on baby, a night of bliss is assured....:D :D :D :D :D

woooooosh - over my head - I've logged onto an MTB forum!!!! ;)
 
there was a merckx framed bike in last year for servicing - there is some select good old kit out there. We had a steady heritage of bike shops/suppliers around here at one time - Sid Barras, Wes Mason, Ron Kitching. Then I came along and the rest, as they say, is history......:)

However one of my reasonable regulars (although as a died in the wool roadie, and Yorkshireman, he nevers buys much!) is Charlie Burton, Beryl's husband, and their daughter Denise has turned up too.
 
ProjectImola004 said:
I'm being rather left behind on this thread - my era was Eddy Merkx, Bianchi, Columbus SLX tubing Campag. C-Record, Cobolto Brakes (all of which I still have!) Ambrosia Durex rims & fantastic Clement number 1 silk tubs that I used to run at 180psi and used to mature in the loft!!!!

:o

I started racing in about 82 just after Shimano launched dura ace AX, vitus made lightest frames and Hinault and Kelly were the top racers. Had some clement tubs and could even fix tub punctures!! I kept 1 of our road bikes ( as i have with some of the very rare stuff we've made) its on 9 speed ultegra but rarely gets used :( Linzis got a nice carbon/alloy frame from a proto batch of 4.
 
ProjectImola004 said:
mine's pearlecent with black & yellow flashing. XT kit and clever bent chainstays that mean I don't have to break the chain to replace it. It may be dated with suspension etc. but it has worked hard and is still working.

Yeah, sounds right, the bent stays were called e or elevated stays and it should have a bent seat tube as well. I can't find the catalogue at my old bike catalogue reference site :(

http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/
 
rockjock620 said:
"rice pudding flavoured condoms strong enough for rimmming! Bring it on baby, a night of bliss is assured....:D :D :D "

ProjectImola004 said:
" woooooosh - over my head - I've logged onto an MTB forum!!!! ;)"



I think you will find thats Meetgaymenonline.org Ed :gay:



Funniest post and reply ever ;) :D :D :D :D
 
Back
Top Bottom