An idiot - lost bitcoin , and plenty of it

Duke of Prunes

Well-known member
This nugget is allegedly an " IT engineer " , who threw away a drive without knowing what was on it ....
..... brilliant !

We live in a world of so-called experts ..... " In the kingdom of the blind , the one-eyed man is king "


" Almost 10 years ago James Howells threw away a hard drive during a clear out - forgetting about the
Bitcoin on it.
Now, with the Bitcoin worth an estimated £150m ($184m), he is planning to spend millions digging up a
Newport landfill in a bid to find the lost hard drive.
If recovered Mr Howells said he would give 10% of the proceeds to turn the city into a crypto-currency
hub.
But the council said excavating the site would pose an ecological risk.
Mr Howells, an IT engineer, accidentally threw away the hard drive in 2013 after mining 8,000 Bitcoins in
the early stages of the currency's development. "


 
Seems a popular story..

On here too... :oops:


 
My heart bleeds. :rolleyes:

This is up there with my fiasco dabbling in XRP. My £200 is currently worth £95. :mad: When I go back to work, I'm gonna' punch the little gimp in the chops. 👊 😵

 
My heart bleeds. :rolleyes:

This is up there with my fiasco dabbling in XRP. My £200 is currently worth £95. :mad: When I go back to work, I'm gonna' punch the little gimp in the chops. 👊 😵

My free £60 of Bitcoin is only worth £26.89 :oops:
 
My heart bleeds. :rolleyes:

This is up there with my fiasco dabbling in XRP. My £200 is currently worth £95. :mad: When I go back to work, I'm gonna' punch the little gimp in the chops. 👊 😵

Can I perhaps interest Sir in some magic beans...

magic beans.jpg


Grow them hydroponically in Motul fully synthetic and they grow into rare and collectable motorcycles.

I've already checked with my manager and I can do you an extra special deal, today only....

Mr Bimble
Bimblebean plc ltd.
 
Can I perhaps interest Sir in some magic beans...

View attachment 55579

Grow them hydroponically in Motul fully synthetic and they grow into rare and collectable motorcycles.

I've already checked with my manager and I can do you an extra special deal, today only....

Mr Bimble
Bimblebean plc ltd.

Pah, do I look like a fool? :mad:





Tell me more about these magic beans you speak of. 🤔
 
I know, I felt sorry for you wearling your fool's hat all the time so left you a new hat. But you told me you like your hat too much and it suited you, remember? 🤷‍♂️

You can lead a fool to water, but you can't make him dr...................
Fool 🤪
 
Now worth £600m evidently :ROFLMAO:


Man who lost bitcoin fortune in Welsh tip explores purchase of entire landfill​

 
Back
Top Bottom