Americas cup!!! May Contain nuts (and spoilers)

Chizel - Founding Father

Elite Member
Subscriber
Don't know where to post this but it does say racing and bike sport, not what type of racing...
Anyhu, anyone watching / interested in this?
I'm no super fan but I'd do like it alot.
these modern boats are some thing else!!! They can get up to 60 mph which if fucken fast on any boat let alone under sail.. the waitemata harbour is pretty nice as well.
The UK has thrown something like 145 million squid at their challenge but are a lil shit atm.
I'm thinking while in Auckland in a few weeks I might hit the waterfront to catch a race and the buzz...
Watched a bit there in 2000 and it was a really good vibe with plenty of eye candy!!!
 
I feckin hate yachting, but even I'm impressed with these boats, they can achieve 3 to 4 times the wind speed, they fair fizz along. When there's a fuck up it's gonna be big!
 
I feckin hate yachting, but even I'm impressed with these boats, they can achieve 3 to 4 times the wind speed, they fair fizz along. When there's a fuck up it's gonna be big!
Over 4 x the wind speed today... they haul arse.. well the kiwi boat does, the UK offering is a bit shit... lol.. no, its actually fucken quick as well but don't like the lighter breeze.. some good racing today.. nz v Italy had a bit of everything.
It really is amazing to see 6 tonne of boat flying above the water...
 
It's only a warm up and it was in the news here that the NZ boat cheated on day 1 and yesterday (2nd day) we stuffed you twice :unsure:

( ⛵🇬🇧......................................................... ⛵🇳🇿 )

Losers 🤪
 
BCADE6CB-55A2-416C-A3E1-82083CC8B19A.webp
 
I see the UK team is sponsored by Ineos which is owned by Sir Jim Ratcliffe the multi-billionaire who promoted Brexit then f**ked off overseas to build his new cars the turncoat, because of people like him and all the other Brexiteers the UK is DOOMED. Oh, and he’s a tax dodger, the b**tard😡. It’s because of people like him I can’t move to France now😡.

Yeah, you’re right, bloody Westminster centrik loons, wait til we get our independence then there’ll be no white cross in that flag and we’ll host the Americas Cup in Loch Ness, where’s that Titter article when I need it? The one from Wee Ginger Dog about how sixty eleventy seven percent of the Scots population (who we asked) want an indépendant SNP boat in the America’s cup. Grrrrrrrr. Bloody Engerlish. Grrrrr 😡
 
I see the UK team is sponsored by Ineos which is owned by Sir Jim Ratcliffe the multi-billionaire who promoted Brexit then f**ked off overseas to build his new cars the turncoat, because of people like him and all the other Brexiteers the UK is DOOMED. Oh, and he’s a tax dodger, the b**tard😡. It’s because of people like him I can’t move to France now😡.

Yeah, you’re right, bloody Westminster centrik loons, wait til we get our independence then there’ll be no white cross in that flag and we’ll host the Americas Cup in Loch Ness, where’s that Titter article when I need it? The one from Wee Ginger Dog about how sixty eleventy seven percent of the Scots population (who we asked) want an indépendant SNP boat in the America’s cup. Grrrrrrrr. Bloody Engerlish. Grrrrr 😡
😮😮😮 I’ve been hacked. Dukey, Fin, get the fook out of my account and feck off back to DF and stop turning every thread, no matter how remote, into a ‘we’re doomed coz of Brexit’ or ‘Scots independence now’ thread. This is DC not DF. Begone from here.
 
It only just clicked! Now NZ is losing at Rugga, Chiz has taken up Yacht racing 🤣

🏉 👎.............. ⛵️👍
 
Not a great fan of the stick an rag stuff but do love the old J class yachts of the 20's.

9138022684_ef6961a234.webp


This is the Velsheda which I used to see in Southampton often

welmax-c1.webp


This is more my style, on the older boats where the crew used to stand after a tough race some would be pissing blood for days afterwards because of damaged kidneys from the hull slamming.
A reporter once asked a driver what it was like to race one and was told 'it's like standing in the shower tearing up £50 pound notes .
 
Hmmm....spoke too soon...dont get excited poms, you were still 5.5 kilometres behind. We just ran out of time to finish the race with 300 mtrs to go ... rematch.. absurd....
 
One of those sports where you can smell the money & good breeding

I guess dropping from 100 to 20 million has gone a long way in helping add more teams 😉

anyway it’s a great watch on a big screen
 
One of those sports where you can smell the money & good breeding

I guess dropping from 100 to 20 million has gone a long way in helping add more teams 😉

anyway it’s a great watch on a big screen
It is a great watch when there is some wind!!! Today fell a lil flat...the UK wl probably claim it as a win despite been over 5k behind!
 
The capsize of team americas boat, Patriot, was spectacular! I watched it again and again. Amazing. Hope they can get it back on the water after the recovery!
 
Back
Top Bottom