Ambition outweighed by ability - McLaren Crash

He had a very clear run over the Mountain, it’s normally like something out of Mad Max.
You end up looking in your mirrors more than concentrating on the road. Also, the views up there are epic so it’s hard to remain concentrated.
Fuvk looking in ya mirrors!! I know there are signs saying to do that but ride ya own ride i say... i remember being tapped out on the 748 and some fucker passed me on the out side of a bend, like I was standing still!!! Fucked if I was looking in my mirror at that speed at that point in time!!! Anyhu, I was wide but he managed to basically pass me on the gravel with a pretty much sheer drop ( very fucken steep anyhu) mere feet away..
He gave me a thumbs up as he very rapidly disappeared into the distance!
He knew what he was doing and didn't expect me to change line for him.
That said, where poss I will check I'm not holding anyone up.
 
He knew what he was doing and didn't expect me to change line for him.
That said, where poss I will check I'm not holding anyone up.
That’s the problem, most people (including me) don’t know what they’re doing. They think they’re Michael Dunlop but without the skill.
Unless you’ve experienced the Mountain at TT time it’s hard to imagine the insanity of it.
It was a bit more sedate this year due to the weather.
 
Back
Top Bottom