Am i the only one who thinks breaking up a Racebike for parts is wrong?

Weemonster

New member
Genuine BSB and WSBK race and championship winning Ducati 996's being broken up because they are worth more in bits.
Makes me sad.
First one I saw was a ex MonsterMob BSB one.
Then i saw a Neil Hodgson gse WSBK being broken in Australia.
Theres Troy Bayliss one too.
 
Last edited:
Would be better if they could find someone who wanted a racebike to race / do trackdays.

Probably better than sitting in a garage somewhere never to be ridden again though.
 
I agree it is sad, especially when these bikes have so much history to them. I was a huge Hodgson and Bayliss fan, but that said, i'm sure there are some of these bikes sat on a display somewhere and who knows the parts that are being sold could be bought by someone needing that extra part for them to succeed in racing, if it means someone else gets a shot at winning a race then those bikes sort of live on in a new life.

But, i'd much rather watch those bikes racing again!
 
Back
Top Bottom