Roger
New member
Round 2 of the Aintree Motor Cycle Racing Club season is on Saturday (June 10th).
I got a 4th in the Classic 250 single cylinder class last time I was there - my first trophy. Have been tatting about with gearing, so Saturday will see if I've got it right or messed it up!
Scrutineering and practice first, then racing starts mid-morning and runs on till tea time.
Last time there were two races for each class - 27 races in all in the programme (not quite sure how it came to be an odd number), a real action packed day.
Quite a few Ducati's running from half a dozen 250's (and a 480) in the classics, through an 888 in the forgotten era (sounded great), up to the 999's in the superbikes class.
The track is off Melling Road which splits the (horse) racecourse in two.
Hope to see a few of you there. I think that I'll be running number 29, but you'll be able to check my number in the programme. Come and find me and say Hi!
Cheers,
Roger
I got a 4th in the Classic 250 single cylinder class last time I was there - my first trophy. Have been tatting about with gearing, so Saturday will see if I've got it right or messed it up!
Scrutineering and practice first, then racing starts mid-morning and runs on till tea time.
Last time there were two races for each class - 27 races in all in the programme (not quite sure how it came to be an odd number), a real action packed day.
Quite a few Ducati's running from half a dozen 250's (and a 480) in the classics, through an 888 in the forgotten era (sounded great), up to the 999's in the superbikes class.
The track is off Melling Road which splits the (horse) racecourse in two.
Hope to see a few of you there. I think that I'll be running number 29, but you'll be able to check my number in the programme. Come and find me and say Hi!
Cheers,
Roger