A big thanks to Lily & JPM

Everton

New member
I joined DuN well over a year ago and I'm embarrassed to say this is my first time posting.

Anyway, the purpose for the post is to publically thank John and Claire for looking after us last week when we came up for the Lloyds British Trackday at Oulton Park on Wednesday. Brenda and I, joined by Guy Cope, were treated to a gourmet meal on Tuesday night whilst providing us with friendly banter and a chance to catch up on recent events.

After a great night’s sleep, well for me anyway, sorry about the snoring, John and Guy led us in to Oulton to be met by AndyB and Butch already setting up the garage.

I hadn’t been round Oulton since 1999 and I didn’t remember much about it – too much time spent at Cadwell I guess because that’s what I kept comparing it with. Still, I had a great time – it was pretty much open pit lane and Brenda and I managed to get through over 40 litres of fuel in the 748R & 999R during the day. God knows how many laps we did but they were all thoroughly enjoyable save for a little excursion by me at Hizzy’s to inspect the old Knickerbrook :eek: :fart:

So, thanks John and Claire. :beer:

Good to see Guy, Grahame and Andy and good to get reacquainted with Oulton again. Thinking about the place more, over the last few days, I’ve decided to promote it to no. 2 in my list of favorite Trackday venues. Brands Hatch GP is still no 1 for me!

Hope I qualify to post on here – I actually originally come from Harrogate, does that count. I only moved south for the weather and the money!:o :o :D
 
nice to see you over here!!

It was great to see you guys and catch up after fleeting chats this year, you are more than welcome to come and stay at anytime :D
 
I joined DuN well over a year ago and I'm embarrassed to say this is my first time posting.

Anyway, the purpose for the post is to publically thank John and Claire for looking after us last week when we came up for the Lloyds British Trackday at Oulton Park on Wednesday. Brenda and I, joined by Guy Cope, were treated to a gourmet meal on Tuesday night whilst providing us with friendly banter and a chance to catch up on recent events.

After a great night’s sleep, well for me anyway, sorry about the snoring, John and Guy led us in to Oulton to be met by AndyB and Butch already setting up the garage.

I hadn’t been round Oulton since 1999 and I didn’t remember much about it – too much time spent at Cadwell I guess because that’s what I kept comparing it with. Still, I had a great time – it was pretty much open pit lane and Brenda and I managed to get through over 40 litres of fuel in the 748R & 999R during the day. God knows how many laps we did but they were all thoroughly enjoyable save for a little excursion by me at Hizzy’s to inspect the old Knickerbrook :eek: :fart:

So, thanks John and Claire. :beer:

Good to see Guy, Grahame and Andy and good to get reacquainted with Oulton again. Thinking about the place more, over the last few days, I’ve decided to promote it to no. 2 in my list of favorite Trackday venues. Brands Hatch GP is still no 1 for me!

Hope I qualify to post on here – I actually originally come from Harrogate, does that count. I only moved south for the weather and the money!:o :o :D

Harrogate counts! When was that then? Oulton is good, but better when Knickerbrook was a proper corner! :D
 
I joined DuN well over a year ago and I'm embarrassed to say this is my first time posting.
And so you should be! Typical Yorkshireman - it's your turn at the bar...
I'll have a brandy please to warm me extremeties up.
 
Anytime Dave, always nice to see you and Brenda glad we could be hosts for you two and Guy also.
 
Back
Top Bottom