A big "thank you" to all who made it to Hartside

Grand day out.

Great photos and a good day out . Maybe not organizing too much is the answer to great meets. Just a time and a place and see you there. Anyway nice to see everyone .
 
rockjock620 said:
aye, great pics - that one of me cake looks triff! I ate it as soon as I got home! :)

& I thought everyone was stopping to look at my bike (mines just to the left of the cake !!!!(:)

Got to say it was a great day - thanks Gizmo, good to meet you
 
good to hear you had a fab day & the weather was kind to you !

that road up to the cafe is a good laugh.

/ian
 
Here's a photo just for you DD. Good to meet you today. No doubt I'll see you up at Hartside again some time (maybe even on my Ducati!)

Good to chat with Nicola and her dad - if only briefly. Here's to the future on a 748 (..and a bit more power!)

Nice to see Andy again too. (That 999 looks real nice with gold wheels).

Cheers Mike. Was worth missing the Classic meet at Croft!

Steve

 
pictures

:cool: ...well done Mike, good shots coming down the hill, I rode with you all down as far as the big r/bout, did one lap of it and peeled back to ride the mountain uphill...:D ..couldn't resist it!!!

Great day out, hope to do it again soon..:thumbs:
 
Mr C said:
Top day out great to see some familiar faces & meet some new ones. Brill ride back home thanks to Martin and his Knowlage of the best twisties.

Glad you enjoyed it! That monster goes ok doesnt it? :) Its a pretty good route back from Hartside, the only bit I dont like is the bit from Devils on the A65 to Ingleton which is only about 5 miles before we turned off past the caves to the Viaduct and down into Settle. I can do the 100 miles from Hartside to my front door without really having to do more than a couple of miles on a busy road which is pretty good. Plenty of other routes up here if you fancy coming up some time? Have a ride up with Jon and Claire when they attend the next session of Dales b road training I am providing for them. :D

Excellent day out and great to see so many folk attend. Good weather and great roads. As usual I intended to talk to more people than I did. hope nobody thought I was ignorant.

The day didnt start to well in that I set off on the Multistrada and called at a mates who was coming along in his Caterham. Despite him assuring me he would be ready I turned up at his house and he answered the door in his y fronts looking like death warmed up. Had to wait for him to get sorted and then we set off. Had only got 5 or 6 miles down the road and I had a massive slide from the rear of the Multi which I thought was a bit weird as I had not noticed anything slippy on the road. The next bend the same thing happened so I pulled over to find a flat rear tyre :mad: My mate sailed on oblivious in his Caterham so I sent him a text saying what had happened and I would see him in 30 mins. Got the Multi home as quickly as I dare totally shagging the rear tyre and dragged the 996r out and set off again only to immediately receive an important service call for work which I could not get out off. Luckily the customer is only half a mile from my house so I managed to do the job in less than 5 minutes without even removing my helmet :) Turned up to mate my mate who by now was fast asleep in his car woke him up and off we set again now an hour behind schedule :( Had to stop to fill up with petrol for the 2nd time in an hour and then matey announces he isnt fit to be out and is cold and has started to get the shakes :confused: So off he goes home. Made up a bit off time though on the way up and got there about 1.20 which wasnt too bad.

Had a slightly embarrassing moment on the back road from Culgaith to Langwathby I had been dying for a pee for ages but had been trying to last til hartside but had to admit defeat and pulled over by a railway bridge. Turned the bike off and except for the birds tweeting away everything was totally silent. Stood in the grass verge and started to have my pee and at that very moment I heard voices and a moment later they appeared. What I took to be a mother and her young daughter out for a walk. Unwittingly I had picked my toilet stop within yards of the only pedestrians for probably about 5 miles :o You know what its like? once youve started you cant stop. Had to keep shuffling around so as to keep my back to them as they had to walk right past me. Must have been unnerving for them to see this 6ft 4 bloke with an helmet on with a cloud of steam around him :confused: :o Anyway I moved on before the police turned up.
 
i hope you didn't pee down your leg martin! thanks very much to yourself for the fantastic roads you led us down and also to freak,lily and mr c for your good company and gizmo for organising the meet.:)
my left shoulder is just about shagged! here's to the next time:beer:

padge.
 
Cheers Padge! Get yourself up here again soon, we all owe you a cup of tea. I thought Jon was actually going to get the drinks in when I saw his hand go in his pocket. I then realised by the funny look he had on his face he was just playing another frame of pocket billiards :D Some people never change!
 
looks like a brilliant day was had by all, great pics as well so we who didnt make it,can feel crap we missed it.cheers for that.

did notice one wee problem with the pics tho.................................while we have some terrific looking ladies in those pics, all you blokes are plug ugly,im sorry but facts have to be faced, you lot are so ugly, if id turned up id have been the best looking bloke there, and i class myself as ugly to hideous. perhaps in the future we should ask blokes for a pic of themselves before they get to join the sight.or maybe we should have a maximum number of uglies allowed per run. so lets say that if you come in the worst 10 percent of uglies (which face it guys is all of you) say only 5 can be seen standing together at any one time. for the sake of the kiddies passing by obviously. we dont want to spoil the ramblers sunday walks now do we:D
 
Back to work now :(

What a great day, in fact a great weekend for us we clocked up another 600 miles this weekend!!! :eek:

Got up to Michael and Linzi's Saturday evening at around 7pm and then up and out for 8:30 the next morning up to meet the Northern mob, as ever a great craic with the boys and girls on the way back to Hartside.

Sorry I missed one junction, as soon as I passed it I'd realised luckily Lily came past to reconfirm my error d'oh!

What a fantastic turn out though at first I thought we might have a dozen bikes but as I sat inside the cafe drinking and eating more and more people I recognised arrived and more banter ensued.

Then what a journey home, chasing Martin and BDG flat out down the A6 (poor old KTM tops out at 120!) but I could see Paul (Mr C) in my mirrors so had to keep pushing on, later I found out Martin could see me gaining and he said something along the lines of "No way am I letting a KTM catch me!!!" maybe with a few more expletives in there...

Then we were off on another mystery tour with Martin, yet again this turned out to be more like tyre preservation as my wheels were only in contact with the ground 50% of the time LOL!!!

And yes it's my turn for the tea's OK!

Then a nice amble back down the M6 with Mr C for a junction or two, and Padge and our Lily, nice to meet you Padge must arrange some rides as your local.

So next weekend?
 
Biscuitandpotato said:
And my apologies to the Ossett guys, where did you go? i lost you in Kendal, waited for what seemed ages then regrouped with a load whod stopped to fill up.

No probs, We got on to the M6 from Kendal got home about 5.20pm.

Really enjoyed the ride out, probably best ride I have ever been on except I was on the ZZR next time I'll make sure I'm on the 916, should be able to keep up then. Really nice to meet some of you folks aswell!!! :)
 
MartinH said:
Glad you enjoyed it! That monster goes ok doesnt it? :) Its a pretty good route back from Hartside, the only bit I dont like is the bit from Devils on the A65 to Ingleton which is only about 5 miles before we turned off past the caves to the Viaduct and down into Settle. I can do the 100 miles from Hartside to my front door without really having to do more than a couple of miles on a busy road which is pretty good. Plenty of other routes up here if you fancy coming up some time? Have a ride up with Jon and Claire when they attend the next session of Dales b road training I am providing for them. :D

Excellent day out and great to see so many folk attend. Good weather and great roads. As usual I intended to talk to more people than I did. hope nobody thought I was ignorant.

The day didnt start to well in that I set off on the Multistrada and called at a mates who was coming along in his Caterham. Despite him assuring me he would be ready I turned up at his house and he answered the door in his y fronts looking like death warmed up. Had to wait for him to get sorted and then we set off. Had only got 5 or 6 miles down the road and I had a massive slide from the rear of the Multi which I thought was a bit weird as I had not noticed anything slippy on the road. The next bend the same thing happened so I pulled over to find a flat rear tyre :mad: My mate sailed on oblivious in his Caterham so I sent him a text saying what had happened and I would see him in 30 mins. Got the Multi home as quickly as I dare totally shagging the rear tyre and dragged the 996r out and set off again only to immediately receive an important service call for work which I could not get out off. Luckily the customer is only half a mile from my house so I managed to do the job in less than 5 minutes without even removing my helmet :) Turned up to mate my mate who by now was fast asleep in his car woke him up and off we set again now an hour behind schedule :( Had to stop to fill up with petrol for the 2nd time in an hour and then matey announces he isnt fit to be out and is cold and has started to get the shakes :confused: So off he goes home. Made up a bit off time though on the way up and got there about 1.20 which wasnt too bad.

Had a slightly embarrassing moment on the back road from Culgaith to Langwathby I had been dying for a pee for ages but had been trying to last til hartside but had to admit defeat and pulled over by a railway bridge. Turned the bike off and except for the birds tweeting away everything was totally silent. Stood in the grass verge and started to have my pee and at that very moment I heard voices and a moment later they appeared. What I took to be a mother and her young daughter out for a walk. Unwittingly I had picked my toilet stop within yards of the only pedestrians for probably about 5 miles :o You know what its like? once youve started you cant stop. Had to keep shuffling around so as to keep my back to them as they had to walk right past me. Must have been unnerving for them to see this 6ft 4 bloke with an helmet on with a cloud of steam around him :confused: :o Anyway I moved on before the police turned up.

Count me in to attend the next session of Dales b road training, But make sure you plan a suitable toilet stop!!!
 
MartinH said:
I'm thinking of getting one of those colostomy bags for the longer rideouts! :D

why bother with the bag?......if a car gets too close tailgating yer' just give it a quick squirt , down the tube exiting just below the tail light! :eek:
 
MartinH said:
I'm thinking of getting one of those colostomy bags for the longer rideouts! :D

Think you need to suss how to sort out smoking on the move, that'ss the only thing that makes you stop!
 
Tony and myself had a great ride up to Hartside and i really enjoyed seeing everyone. Very good turnout, i reckon half the bikes in the car park were Ducati's at one stage.

A sign of the success of Ducati Up North. Well done Michael.

The highlight of the day was after we left Gizmo's place on the way home before we stopped for petrol. The guy on the new Blade had a interesting line in riding gear (trainers, jeans, fleece and no gloves) not what i'd want to wear at a brisk pace.

I thought i was back in the Central Massif, probably one the best rides of the year on the Ducati. Martin's bike sounded superb as he passed me on the drop down into Kendal.

Sorry i missed the Dales bit of the ride with shooting off to go to the concert, but all in all a top day.
 
I would have liked to have been stood roadside on some of those fast bits to hear the 2 996r rumble past :D Was a great run down the Shap road and nice and quiet (traffic wise) too. I thought you were going to take the Tebay turning Shaun? I kept thinking you would be hitting the brakes at any moment and veering off on some turning I didnt know. You couldnt resist the chance to open the R up down there could you?
 
you guys were lucky!!!

I spent most of that part of the trip staring at Tony's arse and wishing i had some control over the front of the bike :eek:

The super heavyweight top box meant that once I got up to any reasonable speed th lack of weight over the front of the bike meant the handling was gone. Tipping (or trying to) into a sweeping bend at 90ish wishing your front wheel was in contact with the ground is quite daunting. I found myself shuffling so far forward in the seat and laying down so I could barely see :o
 
Foxy, the concert was excellent, well worth going to see as always.

Martin, i was going to go that way, but was having too much fun as the way we went is faster and flowing, wish i knew the road a bit better though. I'll bet the bikes did sound great:D
 
:lol2: Fantastic day out and I wan't to thank all involved in making it possible such as Mike, Roc Joc, Charlie & Derek from Ducati Leeds. Bring on more as usual!!!:beer:
 
Biscuitandpotato said:
Great pics Gizmo, love that one of me waving coming down Hartside :D

No sweat at all Steve, as we were passing that petrol station on the right in kendall i clocked spongebobs spiderman lid, beeped my horn and flashed ya whilst pulling a massive stoppy, swear i nearly cartwheeled the beast, but in reality i guess the back wheel lifted about 1/8". Anyhooo pulled in fuelled up and stuck with spongebob to the A6 and Mway home !!!!

Thanks for leading the way to kendal though bro, much appreciated. ;-) and a pleasure chatting with ya !!
 
Back
Top Bottom